[0] Run

The sound to echoing footsteps resonated around the darkened forest, dirt shifting and flying from each impact

Her feet pounded into the soft ground as she sprinted between the trees, the moonlight falling and illuminating her frame. Cold air tore down her throat to her lungs, filling her with a renewed sense of terror at the realisation of what had happened.

She suddenly stopped still, leaves flying as she dug her bare feet into the ground. Tears prickled behind her eyes as her breath rushed out of her in hurried exhales. The brunette clenched her eyes shut, trying to keep her emotions locked away. She dug her nails into her palms as horror-filled images flashed behind her eyes.

Blood drips quietly down the wooden stairs.

Dark red eyes.

Deep growling permeating the frozen air.

Two bodies thrown against the floor, a tangle of limbs.

She choked back a horrified sob, trying to keep her breathing normal but it was no use. Tears poured down her cheeks and trembling breaths rushed out of her as she started hyperventilating. The girl fell to the ground, heart racing wildly in her chest. She spread her shaking hands out in front of her and recoiled at the sight of dark claws instead of fingernails.

No. No, no, no. Not again.

Please.

She could feel the power shifting and coiling under her skin, changing her. She tried to settle her heart rate but it was too late.

She was gone.

---

THREE MONTHS LATER

She slowly opens her eyes, squinting at the bright moon that shines over her. The brunette looks around in confusion, standing up as she spots the glowing lights of a town below her. She knew where she was.

Beacon Hills.

---