Chapter 1

" What an awful night," Yoshikage says to himself. Even though they say it's still autumn, the snow just keeps falling. There seems to be something in the air on this quiet, snowy, moonless night. " It's awfully cold tonight...'' As he mutters,his breath billows out in white clouds that quickly disappear. For some reason, tonight he can't sleep. He can feel something is going to happen. Soon after, it becomes clear that his feelings are right. " Lord Yoshikage". "What is it." He answers without turning around. " It's about the Emperor, and what will happen if he doesn't get get over his illness." " I see..." The crown prince has only just been born. If anything were to happen, Sadashige would become a regent... " It seem like rough times are ahead." " I have one more thing to report. " " Seimei Abe has passed away." " Seimei... I see..." Seimei was an old man. I heard rumors that his heath was failing. The news of his passing is no surprise to me. I don't remember ordering the spy to investigate such trivial details. " Was that all you wanted to tell me?" " No. What I wanted to tell you was what he had said just before he died. Something I heard from his caregivers who rumored that it's a sort of prediction..." Yoshikage slowly turns to face the man. Standing in the darkness, only black silhouette of the man can be made out. " What was it?" " He said, 'The world will come to an end in 10 years. The end of the world will center around one princess trapped by her bloody fate.'" " What could he mean by the end of the world?" "I'm sorry, that was all he cold say..." Yoshikage releases a small sigh. There's no one left who knows the true meaning of those words, now that Seimei is gone. " Thank you. You can leave." The figure disappears into the night with Yoshikage's words. If Seimei predicted it, it will almost certainly become a reality. If nothing is done, the world will end in 10 years. " A princess trapped in her bloody fate, huh?" Yoshikage looks up at the sky again and watching the snow as it continues to fall. That princess, could he mean ...?" " Perhaps... Princess Tamayori..." The night is dark and cold. Yoshikage stares off into the sky, remembering things that happened long ago.

Winter 10 years later...

In the mountains near Kifu in the Shinano Province... A large, silver beast is running through the snow. The beast is a gigantic, nine-tailed albino fox. Fresh blood dots the path behind him. The blood is a mixture of his own blood and the blood of the solders that fell victim to him. The fox's magnificent fur is stained in places with red. One eye is forced shut, while the other glows with rage. When he looks over his shoulder, he sees three soldiers holding bows, chasing him on horseback. " Don't let him get away! After him!" " If we catch him, well be at for life!" "Surround him! Call for reinforcements! Don't let this chance slip away !" The beast growls. It appears the soldiers are calling for others to join them. Having already been severely injured, his stamina is almost running out. "Stop, you monster!" "...!" The beast feels a sharp burning pain that takes the stride out of his step. One of the soldiers has shot an arrow into his right hind leg. "Now's our chance! Get him!" Just as the soldiers try to corner the beast, he suddenly changes course, and his gigantic body leaps into the air. He bites one of the soldiers on the neck with his large fangs and then lands on the ground. "...!" The soldier stares at the at the sky with his neck ripped open, and then falls lifeless from his horse. "Aiee...! This ... This is no good! He's going to kill us!" One of the surviving soldiers turns his horse around to try to make an escape. But there's no escape for him. If he gets away, who knows how many soldiers he'll bring back with him? The beast concentrates on the back of the retreating soldier. Suddenly, flames shoot up from the soldier's back. With in a moment, the small flames turn into a large pillar of fire completely engulfing the soldier.