17

(unedited)

"When are you getting here?"

"I'll land tomorrow morning, and then I'll go straight there."

"Alright. See you tomorrow."

Luke hung up his phone and slumped his back against his chair right as his office door opened. He looked up to meet the blue eyes of Lia. Luke shut his eyes and tried to mentally prepare himself for the woman before opening his eyes again and giving her a tight smile.

"Who were you talking to?" The blond woman asked. Luke narrowed his eyes.

"None of your business." Luke told her. Lia rolled her eyes.

"When are you going to start treating me like your wife?" She asked him, crossing her arms over her chest and jutting her hip out to the side. Luke shook his head at her.

"You stopped being my wife the second I saw you in bed with David." Luke said coldly, mentioning her 'fake boyfriend' from the year before. He saw a brief flash of uneasiness in her blue eyes and her body tense for a moment before she quickly returned to her confident stance.

"That was a mistake Lukey-pookie. How many times do I have to tell you." She gave him a pout that made him want to burn his eyeballs off and question why he even married her in the first place. "Anyways, I just came here to tell you how happy it's made me that you actually listened to me and started to stay away from Irwin."

Luke frowned. Of course he never wanted to listen to that, but Ashton has been avoiding him all week since they ended their last conversation on a bad note. He shook away his thoughts and looked back up at Lia with an annoyed expression.

"Is that it? Because I have a lot of work to do." The blond spat. Lia gave him a face.

"Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Lia noted, turning around to walk out of the office.

"Someone got up on the wrong side of the Earth this morning, go back to America." Luke muttered under his breath. Lia stopped in her tracks and turned her head back at him.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" She asked curiously. Luke just gave her a fake smile.

"Nothing." He said between his gritted teeth. Lia shrugged before turning back around and walking out of the office. Once she was out of the office, Luke slumped back against his chair once more and buried his head in his hands. God, did he hope that his plan was going to work.

Ashton walked into the record label the next morning with a frown. Ever since Mali left for her tour, Michael had almost nothing for them to do, and the brunet wasn't very keen on third wheeling Calum and the lilac haired coloured man. He would much rather stay at home, but he needed all the hours he could get from interning. To make things short, Ashton was bored as hell, and he regrets not bothering to make more friends when he started the internship. And, to make things worse, he hasn't been able to hangout with or even talk to Matt because of all the work he was piled up with. Ashton sighed, walking into the studio to meet Calum who was just sitting on the couch filling out some papers. The raven haired man looked up at the intruder and smiled once he saw that is was Ash. He split the papers that he had into two piles and handed one of them to the brunet along with a pen.

"Where's Michael?"Ashton asked, taking a seat next to Calum. The two men were usually inseparable. He started to fill out the papers the the raven haired man gave him while he listened to him talk.

"In a meeting with Mr. Hemmings. It should be over soon though." Calum told him. Ashton hummed in acknowledgement before focusing on the papers. He finally had something to do and he wasn't a third wheel. He was so excited. The two men worked in silence other than little comments they had to say to each other before they finally finished. After they organized and filed the papers to be sent somewhere else, they decided to go and get coffee from the kitchen.

"Is that David Blake?" Calum asked, stopping in his tracks once they exited the studio. Ashton followed Calum's entranced gaze to the dark haired man. Ashton widened his eyes. It was indeed David Blake, the famous baseball player from America. Calum and Ashton weren't really that into sports, but almost everyone knew who the pitcher was just because of his looks. The two men were basically drooling over him. "We have to follow him and see where he's gonna go."

Ashton gave Calum a wary look "I don't know mate, isn't that kind of creepy?"

"Dude, he's David Blake." Calum said. Ashton thought about it for a moment before shrugging and saying 'okay' because when will he ever get this chance ever again. So, the two men waited a moment before following the man up the stairs, but little did they know, they had a pair of eyes watching the two of them.

Bruh school starts on wednesday. I'm actually crYING. I'm starting a new school and during the orientation they gave us laptops for the year and im using it to write all my fanfiction now LOL anyways dont forget to vote this up and leave me some comments! I love you all

-jessica xx