A Year Later | Alex

✬✩✬

✬✩✬

L I S T E N  T O

instrumental of all too well by taylor swift
during the scene when he is in the bookstore waiting for her to show up.

✬✩✬

[caution: badly edited]

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"WHICH BOUQUET is better, this one? Or this one?"

This is my first time choosing flowers for someone, and let's just say, it is not easy. I want this day to be perfect. It's my first time seeing her again, ever since she left for college, a year ago.

I remember everything like it just happened yesterday. I remember driving to the front of the store, about to decline my Aunt's job offer, then seeing her from inside my car window that day. I was in a moment of shock because I never thought I'd see her here again, especially since it's been four years. I couldn't find the courage in myself to step out of my car, until my cell phone rang. Attempting to not make eye contact with her, I walked out focusing on Mike's call, who was having a party at his house. I tried my best to play it cool as I made my way, eyes facing the ground the whole time. I really did not mean to accidentally bump into her latter. I really didn't. I just wanted to reject my job offer and leave. However, everything went off course when my shoulders accidentally shove onto the obstacle, causing everything to collapse. Once I broke her fall though, the same warm feeling that surrounded me four years ago, reflourished. I was nervous, and frankly, just exploding like fireworks within that day.

"Alright, I'll have these, sir," I say as I lift the pink rose bouquet.

After I paid the man, who I presume is the shop owner, I thank him and leave. My legs speedily walk down the street, wanting to get to the bookstore.

What if she's there already?

I can't wait to see that bright smile of her's again. Her beautiful light brown locks, flowing down to her shoulders. Her glistening dark brown eyes. Everything about her, I miss.

I yank open the door as I make it to the store at around the same time she left last year, 8:15 am. A smile lit up as I begin exploring the bookstore to see if she was around. No sign of her.

"Morning Aunt Q," I greet as I see my aunt come out from behind a shelf.

"What are you doing here so early, Alex?"

After a couple months working here, and finally earning enough to pay off my debt, I quit, and did not return until today. I used to love the store a lot. I would always stay here after school, since my parents would expect me to finish all my work before hanging out with Mike. But working here with my Aunt as my boss, was hard. She was and still is everything I remember Claire described her as. Like, I respect her and all, but sometimes she could go a bit too far.