Our Way Back

These were the days that changed everything, yet they all started just like any other day.

"Camz, I'm home!" Lauren called out as she closed the door behind her. She shrugged off her coat, hung it by the door and then quickly discarded her boots. She tossed her bag on the foyer's table as she eyed the mails set on the table. She picked up the stack of envelopes, going through them one by one, making sure that she wouldn't miss important bills.

She started to walk towards the living room, her eyes still focused on the mails. From her peripheral vision, she could see Camila coming out of the kitchen, making her way to Lauren. "Hey babe..." Lauren began to say, but she didn't look up just yet, one more envelope to examine. When she was finally done with the task, her eyes flitted up, meeting her wife's.

"How are..." She couldn't finish her question, taken aback by the look on Camila's face. Her wife wasn't saying anything, she just smiled contentedly, and her eyes glistened with unshed tears. But her expression said everything that Lauren needed to know. Her whole body conveyed all the happiness building inside her.

Lauren exhaled slowly, gathering her thoughts, calming her nerves. She took a step forward cautiously; seeing that Camila seemed to lose the ability to move. Their eyes locked at each other, everything else seemed to disappear. "Are you...?" Lauren trailed off, her emotions took over and she was lost for words.

Camila nodded vehemently, tears starting to fall down her cheeks. "Yeah..." She breathed out.

"It finally took?" Lauren needed the reassurance; she needed to know that she wasn't dreaming.

"It did..." Camila gasped as her smile widen, her tears running more freely. She gazed at her wife's emerald orbs, those eyes she fell for each and every day they had been together.

Lauren rushed toward the love of her life and then quickly wrapped her tight in her arms. She lifted Camila up and spun her around, overjoyed with the news. The couple started to giggle uncontrollably, fully taking in the moment they had been waiting for a long time.

"Lauren, stop... You're making me dizzy..." Camia said cheerfully after a while, giggling like a child, her smile seemed to take a permanent place on her face.

"Right, sorry, oh gosh, I should've not done that..." Lauren put her wife down gently, slightly panicking. "Are you okay? Are you feeling nauseous? Do you need me to...?"

"Lauren! I'm okay. Relax." Camila chuckled, she could imagine how even more protective Lauren was going to be. She reached up her arms, draping Lauren's neck. She studied Lauren's face, though every little detail had already embedded deep in her mind.

Lauren reached up her hand, cradling Camila's cheek, stroking it with the pad of her thumb. She never though she could be this happy, but she had always known, Camila was her one, being with her meant everything was possible. "I love you with all of my being, Camz."

"I love you..." Words weren't really enough, but for now Camila would settle with those three words. The same words she had said a million times over the years.

"We're gonna have a baby..."

Camila nodded, smiling sweetly, happy tears continued to roll as she reached up on her toes, closing the distance between them. Her eyes fluttered closed as she felt Lauren's breath on her lips and when their lips collided, they knew. Their future would only get brighter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was late, very late. But Camila once again found herself unable to sleep. She had been staring at the ceiling for the past hour, while her wife was blissfully sleeping with her sporadic light snore taunting the raven-haired beauty.