Chapter 3~ Who Are You..Exactly?

Amber's POV:

I awoke gasping for any available oxygen. The last I remember is being poisoned by vervain, and then getting injected with it. I couldn't remember who was it who did it to me.

I was sprawled out on the floor. So, pushing myself up, I racked my brain for any memory of earlier. It took a while for me to find it , but it was worth it. Plus, it distracted me from all the pain shooting through my body.

It was Damon. He was the one who vervained me. I couldn't wait to catch sight of him again. I knew exactly what I was going to do.

"Weak there, honey bunch?" someone said as they opened a door. I growled under my breathe. It was Damon.

"Yea. Just from the fact that my body is unbearable from all the vervain ! What was that for anyway?"

"Well, it was to kill you, obviously. But, you didn't die? No vampire could handle that much vervain? What are you?" he asked. In his hand was a stake, of course. He thinks he could kill me? Haha. Idiot.

"A vampire, obviously!" I screamed, trying to pull myself all the way up.

"I know that! But what else are you? A hybrid?" he questioned, eyeing me.

"What the hell is a hybrid? What are you talking about?" I questioned back. What was a hybrid? Why would he think I was a hybrid?

"Eh, clueless. You might want to sit back down, I'll explain." he stated, planting himself right in front of me. I plopped down right back to where I was before, motioning for him to begin explaining.

"Well, Amber, a hybrid is a vampire, and werewolf. They're made from a douppleganger's blood, and are sired to a certain original hybrid, Klause."

"So, are they like born with the gene, or...?"

"No, they're created. See, to become a hybrid, you have to be a vampire. Then, the original hybrid, aka Klaus, feeds you his blood and snaps your neck. Few minutes later, you come back as a hybrid in transition. It's almost like a vampire transition, but you have to drink douppleganger blood, or you'll go rabid and eventually die. Once you drink the blood, you become sired to the hybrid himself. Are you catching on?" he asked, staring me down.

"Yea. Wow. I can't believe you'd think I was something so horrendous!" I shouted in disbelief. How could I ever agree to be a demon and beast at the same time? I didn't even want to become a vampire! I was forced into vampirism. He shook his head, then gave me a harsh look.

"So what are you then?"

"Why? Why do you want to know?!"

"Because, if you were a normal vampire, we wouldn't be having a conversation right now. You'd be dead, and on the other side. So, WHAT ARE YOU?"

I glared at him. I was done playing nice! It was non of his business to ask me such questions! It had no use to him anyway!

I got up and took him by the throat, slamming him against a wall.

"None of your concern. Now show me out of this waste you call a basement." I spat, tightening my grip.

"Damon?" another voice called out from behind.

"Oh, so you had company? Wonderful. I wonder if he has manners!" I whispered, keeping a tight grip on his throat.

"Stephan."he managed to choke out.

In less than a second, Stephan was beside me, throwing me backwards. I growled in frustration. They couldn't be serious?!?! I got up and stomped over to them, anger replacing pain.

"Do that again, and I will rip your heart from your chest!" I spat at both of them. Stephan raised his eyebrows in shock.

"Not to be pushy, but who are you, exactly?"

I hesitated. Should I give them the heads up, so they'll stop trying to fight me, or should I keep them in suspense?

"Well, look at you both. Hmf, why should I tell you? What does it even matter to you?" I asked, a little annoyed.

"Because, vampires that visit Mystic Falls have a very specific agenda, and who knows? Maybe we could provide you information? Or location...? Or whatever you need? Just please, who are you?" Stephan pleaded, keeping hold of Damon.

I sighed deeply. What if they really could provide me with the information I needed? They could really be of help to me. Maybe we could even be friends? But then again, what if yet had no clue to what I was looking for, and I just gave my whole identity out to them? What would happen then? Would I have to kill them? I hope not, because I've decided to just come out and tell them.

"Amber. I'm Amber Mikealson. I was told that my father was Elijah, and I came here to seek his presence an introduce myself to him. He probably doesn't even know I'm his daughter." I explained, keeping my voice low. I could tell by Damon and Stephan's expressions that they didn't believe me.

"Prove it." they both challenged.

"Fine."

I dug my own hand into my chest, taking a firm hold on my heart.

"Hope this proves my point." I muttered, pulling my heart from my chest. Blackness filled my sight, and just like that, I was dead.

"Well, sleeping beauty is alive after all." Damon taunted, kneeling beside me. I fluttered my eyes open, gaining some dizziness in vision. It took awhile for me to see clearly, and hear clearly.

"Man? How long was I out?" I choked out, pulling myself up.

"About an hour. Two at the most. We didn't really keep track of time." Damon remarked, getting himself up as well. He walked over to a table where a glass was sitting, picked it up, and downed it.

"Do you guys believe me now?" I asked, rubbing my head. I had a huge headache.

"Well, obviously. No normal vampire just resurrects after their heart was pulled out!" Stephan budded in.

"Clearly." I muttered, walking towards a bottle of liquor.

"So your father? When do you plan to find him?" Stephan asked as he watched me take a swig from the bottle.

"As soon as possible. He has information that I need." I replied, taking another swig.

"Well then. Do you know who your mother is?"

"No, but I heard she died from cancer. But that's just a rumor. For all I know, she could be a vampire roaming the Earth." I answered, getting a slight bit dizzy.

Damon had walked towards the front door. Someone knocked?

"Hello Salvatores. We meet again-"

It was a very familiar voice.

"Katherine?" I asked, peering around Damon. Katherine's smile disappeared as she saw me, but returned as quickly as it left.

"Finally. Someone who doesn't confuse me with some Elena girl. It's been driving me crazy!" muttered, making her way towards me.

"So? Any luck on Mr. Daddy?" She asked amused. I shook my head no. She shouldn't of asked such a stupid question.

It was clear and obvious that I hadn't found him!!