Part 3

You stood in the room where you worked waiting for the asset to get back from his mission. The door slowly slid open and he stepped inside. He had a huge gash on his forehead, but other than that, he seemed unharmed.

"Oh my gosh. Your head!" you exclaimed. You quickly walked over to him to examine it.

"It's fine. It's nothing." he said trying to calm you down.

"Let me take care of it." you said.

"I told you it's fine." he replied, rejecting your offer.

"Just sit down and let me look at it." you retaliated as you followed him into the room.

"But I said-"

"Sit." you commanded.

He gave you a look of defeat and sat in the chair behind him. You grabbed your medical supplies and began to clean his cut.

"You sounded worried." he remarked.

"What?" you asked confused.

"You sounded worried about me when I came in." he explained.

"What makes you say that?" you said trying to hide the fact that you were indeed worried about him.

"You were standing in the middle of the room waiting for me and you are cleaning a cut that you know will be gone in a few hours."

You stopped. You knew it was true, you just didn't want to admit it.

"I guess I was worried." you said shyly, looking down at your feet.

"Why?" he asked, confused as to why someone would ever care for him like that.

"Because-" you started trying to come up with an excuse. "Because we've become good friends and I would hate to see something bad happen to you. And if something did happen to you, who knows what they would do with me." you said, tears threatening to pour from your eyes.

"I'll be fine. I always make it back." he said trying to comfort you.

"But what if- what if one day you don't. What happens then?" You could feel your lip begin to quiver.

He sighed and looked down at his lap like he was ashamed.

"What is it?" you asked concerned.

"I didn't do it." he said. "I didn't kill Steve Rogers." He held the side of his head in pain like something had just hit him.

"Are you okay?" you asked, starting to get worried.

He took a deep breath. "I knew-"

Several agents came into the room and commanded you to go home for the rest of the day. You looked back at him, and left the room.