- 1 -

~TAYLOR~

After I dropped off my new digitals and I was walking out of my agency's building, I bumped into a tall, familiar looking girl dressed in black. I recognized her as the girl in the polaroids from yesterday.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going," she said. "Wait.. are you Taylor?"

I didn't realize I was staring until she asked me. "Um, yes. Yes, I am," I responded after a short silence.

"Oh, um, if you don't mind can you tell me a bit about what happens in there?" she said nervously. "The last time I came here they just took some photos of me and asked me to leave, so I'm not sure what they're going to do today. Oh, I'm Karlie, by the way."

"Er.. well, you're wearing black. That's good. You brought heels? A bikini?" I said, sitting down in a nearby chair. I motioned for her to do so as well.

"Yeah. I searched up what I should bring before I came here."

"Okay, great. Well, for call-ins, they'll usually sit them down and have a chat first. And try don't come across as hard to work with in the beginning. They'll also have a really good look at you- as in, they get a bunch of people to sit down and stare at you from different- usually strange and unflattering angles." I began.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah. They stare at you," I confirmed, slightly annoyed at being interrupted. She nodded.

"They'll take polaroids- well, maybe not since you've already taken them, measure you, take your phone number, email, whatever. They'll explain the process and ask if you have any questions. You'll know if they want you usually in the next day or so," I explained. "And don't be persistent or rude if they aren't interested- not that you should be worrying."

"What do you mean by that?" she asked.

"I mean you have the typical look that agencies love. A cute face that can look striking as well," I said.

She blushed and thanked me for taking the time to give her such a thorough explanation.

"I didn't expect you to say all that. Um- I mean, because I heard you weren't that nice and everything from other people," she said. "But they're wrong! You're really nice. Thanks again."

I smiled at her before walking out of the building. As I headed toward my car, I began wondering myself why I had done that.

I've blown off some many girls asking for tips before, what makes her different?, I thought.

I decided to just shake it off.

My phone buzzed in my bag. I fished it out, reading and replying to the text message I had received from my boyfriend Harry. Harry and I were good friends before we had started dating a couple weeks ago. The media didn't know about our relationship yet.

I grinned as I put my phone back in my purse and entered my car

I grinned as I put my phone back in my purse and entered my car. I drove to the entrance of Central Park, where Harry was taking photos with some fans. I put on the coat and scarf I had left on the car before walking up to him.

"Hey, Harry," I said, tapping him on the shoulder after he took another picture. He smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

We chatted as we walked, occasionally stopping to take photos with some fans and answer some of their questions.

"How's your day?" Harry asked.

"The day barely started, Harry. It's going fine."

"I meant at the agency."

I looked at him quizzically. "The same thing that happened the last time I dropped off digitals. And the time before that. And before that, as well."

"No need to get defensive, just making conversation," he chuckled.

"Well, I met a potential new face. Name's Karlie. She's something special, she'll be a hit this season for sure," I said, feeling guilty for snappy. I showed him a picture I took of her polaroids yesterday.

"She's cute, I guess," he said, nodding.

"Yeah. She is."

A/N: First chapter is up! It wasn't as long or interesting as I wanted it to be but I think this is a good way to start the story that I'm envisioning. Thanks so much for voting and commenting on the prologue!