Chapter 29 (Short Bonus)

George's POV

That night as Bella sleeps in my arms, I think back on the conversation I had with Fred earlier.
"Fred?" I ask. "Yeah George?" He replies. "What if I broke up with Bella?" I ask. Fred quickly sits up from his bed and stares at me. "What? Why would you do that?" He demands. "I'm not smart, Fred. I hardly got any OWLs, I probably won't get any newts either. Who knows if our joke shop will take off. I want to be able to give her everything, and we couldn't even afford to start a business until Harry gave us the money. When that's gone, how would I provide for her? How would I buy her a ring if we got married? How would I provide for a child if we had one? She deserves someone who can spoil her, Freddie. I can't."
"George." Fred starts. "We spent our time designing candy instead of studying for our OWLs. You're smart. You come up with the ideas for most of our stuff. Did you see the way our business was at Hogwarts? It'll take off Georgie. As for Bella, she needs you. She's going through stuff. She doesn't want anyone else. She wants you. She doesn't care about being spoiled. She cares about being loved. You'll be able to provide. Look at how Mum and Dad provided for us. She loves you and that's all that matters. Now that we have money to start a business, it'll be fine. Everything is going to fall into place." He replies.
Silently, I feel the velvet box that houses the ring I got her. "I'm just scared, Fred. You-Know-Who is back and I want to protect her." I say. "I know you do. I want to do that with Bella and JC too. We will. We'll find a way." He says. I don't know if he's trying to convince me or himself.
Looking at Bella in my arms, some of the fear returns. She's so innocent and beautiful. I want to protect her from the war. Harry Potter is her cousin, and that's probably enough to give her gaurdian angel a headache. I will promise myself though, that throughout this war, she'll be safe. She has to be.