Why Are You Here?

Ugh.. Work. It's not the worst, but there's so many better things I could be doing with my time. I continue to do my job and it's almost lunch.

"Hey!", a voice says as I jump back when two hands meet my shoulders. I hear a soft laugh, "sorry babe, I didn't mean to scare you", turning around I see Michael and I hug him, getting up from my seat.

"Why are you here?", I smile and kiss him.

"Well your lunch break is soon and I thought I'd take you out", he smiles and I shake my head and laugh lightly.

"Michael my break isn't for", I look over towards the clock, "at least another 20 minutes", I go to sit back down and he takes my hand and gently pulls me towards him.

"Babe, an early lunch won't hurt. Please?", he looked at me with the corner of his mouth turned up into a small pleading smile.

I could never say no to those brown puppy dog eyes, I shook my head and laughed again,"Oh Michael Steves.. The things you make me do for you."

He grinned as if he were a kid who just beat their parent at a game they never won. "So that's a yes?"

I shove him and laugh, "lead the way loser", I push him out the door.

"Well I have you, so I think I'm winning", his grin grew bigger as he took me by the hand and led me out of the building.

"Why must I be kept in the dark?", I asked, me and Michael have been driving for 20 minutes and we still weren't at our destination. I could see where we were but that didn't help, I haven't been around wherever this is.

"Because it's a surprise", he looked at me from the drivers seat with the softest eyes and a nice smile.

"Okay... But my break is only an hour and I need to go back soon."

"No we're okay."

"What do you mean?"

"Boss knows you're gone, so we're okay."

I sigh with a slight laugh, "Michael, you know you can't just keep calling in sick for me or telling my boss you're taking me to mysterious places."

"Well it's not mysterious, she knows where I'm taking you and besides you guys are good with each other. And what can I say? She likes me!", I giggle as he takes one hand to adjust his imaginary bow tie.

"Fine, whatever", I look at him, smiling, and kiss his cheek.

"We're here!"

"Finally!", we both laugh as he parks onto the side of a dirt road. It's surrounded by forests and I have absolutely no idea where we are. I check my phone and it's 12:40. Lunch should be over in 20 minutes... At least Michael talked to my boss first. Me and her had a pretty good standing with each other and she adored Michael, not that she lusted over him but she just thought he was a sweetheart and loved the two of us.

Michael pulled me out of my thoughts as he opened his door and before I went to open mine, he was already there to open it for me.

"What a gentlemen", I smile and get out, curtsying on the 'gentlemen'.

"Why of course. Anything for a lady", he bows and signals for me to walk forward. I do that and he closes the door. He puts his arm around my waist and leads me forward. I go to question him, seeing how he has nothing in his hands but decide against it, because who knows what he could be up to.