The Smiles Are All Fake

This in my first one-shot book and I hope you enjoy. Parts of this story have been given to me by real people, with real experiences, so please, if it's not nice don't say it.

________

This story is of a girl who has asked for their name to be changed.

Abigail McAdams was ordinary at age five living on the east coast of Australia. She was bright, bubbly, happy, smart and always smiling. She was content with the few friends she had even when most of them were boys and only three were girls. She never thought herself any different from anyone else, because truth be told, she wasn't.

When she was six she moved about an hour south, her life changed, and it wasn't for the better.

Most second graders are care free, happy and friends with every one. Abi just didn't fit into this new group of kids. They had been friends for years, from kindy to then.

The teachers assumed she would be accepted eventually, they were right kind of, she was accepted but that eventually was a long way off.

It was almost a full semester into the year before she made friends. Two friends actually Taylah and Savhanna. The three girls grew closer and closer for the next two years. Abi was glad she had her friends there to help her through the bullying. Abi never was able to quite fit in at her new school. She was always picked on a and bullied, called weird, dumb, fat, ugly.

Abi knew not to fight back, so she kept her anger at the bullies bottled up inside her. And sometimes when it got real bad, the seal to that bottle would break open just a little bit at home. Abi would snap at her siblings for doing nothing in particular. She got in trouble with her parents a lot more too because of her new found temper. Eventually she learned how to control it, how to make sure the seal to that bottle didn't crack.

However in fourth grade both of her two closest friends were forced to leave the school.

Abi seemed to loose all meaning to her life. Those girls were her rock. And with out them she started to drift away. She seemed to come up with ideas as to why no one liked her, and none of them were good.

She spent the next two years searching for a new rock but there weren't any heavy enough to hold her down. She couldn't form a friend ship strong enough that she felt she could trust them with all her secrets.

When seventh grade rolled around Abi was starting to consider drastic motions to fit in. Motions that mainly targeted at the imaginary reason she had come up with as to why no one liked her, she wasn't skinny or pretty enough.

She was put in a small class for this year, the kids became a tight knit group especially the girls. But Abi always felt like the odd one out. When some of the guys in her grade needed an extra to get even numbers for sport Abi jumped at the offer of friendship. See, Abi had always been more comfortable around guys, her older brother was the closest person to her and he meant the world to her. She found that they weren't judgemental of her at all, unlike the girls.

Abi became one of the guys and was disappointed when the other girls became jealous of her friendship with the boys. They started to interfere with their games and seemed to ruin all of them. Abi hadn't noticed but since she started hanging out with the boys she had stopped thinking about her drastic measures to fit in, but as soon as the other girls ruined not only their games but her happiness, these ideas rose to the surface.

When the year ended Abi felt lost and alone again as her friends, her new rocks, where spreading all over the state and some all over the country.

Eight grade started, new school, old faces. See most kids from Abi's primary school went to the adjoining high school, sadly none of her friends did. As the first week progressed, Abi felt as though there were whispers behind her back even though there weren't. And the thoughts just got worse. Abi started to make up excuses not to go to school.

After about a term of loneliness to a girl in one of her classes, her name was Mae. Mae, invited Abi to sit with her and her friends at lunch a few days after meeting each other, to which Abi wearily accepted. As they approached Mae's friends Abi immediately recognised them from her primary school. This scared her as though she had never actually been picked on by these girls in particular she didn't know what they thought of her.

But her worries were for nothing as they welcomed her with open arms, minds, and hearts.

Over the next year Abi grew extremely close to a girl in the group named Meagan, they became BFFI's (best friends for infinity) as they like to say. Abi trusted Meg and shared all her deepest darkest secrets with her.

Year nine care around and the girls just grew closer becoming their own tight knit group and accepting one more lonely girl into the mix.

The girls share secrets and look out for each other when they may not be looking out for themselves. All five girls are looking for ward to year ten and are willing to tackle it head on, together. Abi is back to the bright, bubbly, happy, smart girl she was when she was younger. You may have noticed that I didn't mention always smiling, that's because after what she has been through, if she can go back to smiling all the time it will be a long way off and Abi still has that bottle of emotions inside of her and it's cracking slowly, but I believe that this time when it cracks, yes it will be bad when it all gets out, but Abi will be in control and the bottle will have no use ever again

________

And that's my first short story. I know it's not the best and it's shoddily written but I had to get that story out there. To those who I know who have figured out who this story is about, please, please do not share their name.

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

~Cae