♔ 1- The Phantom Queen

//Third Person POV//

It was a misty day in Magnolia, hazy-grey clouds covered every inch of the sky, and the shadows of inanimate objects as well as the towns people; seemed darker and much more....alive. The members of Fairy Tail thought it best to stay indoors and lazily go about their day inside the guild hall.

"Man, it sure is gloomy out today." Natsu said a little less enthusiastically then he usually would have.

"Aye." Happy said sadly.

Team Natsu as well as a few of their friends were slouched over at a table with nothing to do. Master Makarov was perched in his usual place in the hall, examining the fast passing clouds in the sky and abnormally dark shadows of the towns people, through many of the guild windows.

"How...familiar." The master said lingering on the thought until it finally struck him. "This peculiar weather could only mean one thing...she has returned." Realizing what the Master had said, Nastu's eyes widened as he shot out of his seat with a wide smile on his face.

"Wait hold up, I'm confused who's she?" Lucy asked dumbfounded while walking to Mirajane who was polishing a glass cup behind the bar.

"She is the Shadow Queen, feared by all and could kill in the blink of an eye. It has been said that she has taken on the most dangerous and greatest amount of S-class quests in all of Fiore, and still makes it back without a single scratch." Mira explained with a creepy look in her eye. Lucy leaned back a little startled and sweat dropped. In the middle of explaining Natsu began running around the guild shouting

"Nunally's coming home!!! Nunnally's coming home!!!"

"Woah. Remind me not to get on her bad side when she gets here." She said nervously.

"Of course those are just rumors, but knowing her there's no doubt in my mind that those rumors could be true." Mira said placing the cup down and pouring water for Lucy.

"From what you're telling me I get the feeling she's way more tough than Erza." Lucy said looking to the scarlet haired female who seemed to be talking to the Master.

"Around the time she left for her quest two years ago, Erza challenged her to a fight and they ended up tying with both of them passed out on the ground. From then on she's been known as one of the most powerful female wizards in Fairy Tail. She's been an old friend of ours here, she arrived a little after Natsu showed up." The two girls laughed at Natsu who'd seemed to trip and land on Gray in the midst of his excitement. "We know her here as Nunnally Ravenwater, she managed to make everyone in this guild smile when she was a little girl, she even made me grin during my worst moments. But I should warn you now, the Nunnally you'll see today isn't the same one we all knew back then."

"Why, what happened to her?" Lucy asked seeing Mira's expression suddenly change. Natsu had caught a glimpse of what Lucy asked, flashbacks of memories between him and the girl clouding his vision. "Natsu, are you okay?"

"Fine. I just need some air." The salamander stormed out of he guild and slammed the grand doors shut before anyone could see the tears spilling down his cheeks.

"He gets so emotional whenever Nunnally's bad past is mentioned, he'd been there during it all, cried with her, comforted her, even took the pain for some of her damage. I miss her." Mira said sniffling as Lucy handed her a tissue, guiding her to continue "I can't tell you more until she's explained to you about her magic, it's not my story to tell until then."

"It's okay Mira, we'll just have to wait." The celestial wizard said with a sad comforting smile.

"What's all the ruckus going on in here?" Erza said, walking over with Gray.

"Oh hey guys! I was just telling Lucy a little about Nunnally!" Mirajane said nonchalantly with a smile. She just acted like nothing happened. Lucy thought.

"N-Nunally? Why? Is she home!?" Gray asked pressuring Mira.

"Yeah, Master said she's on her way right-" Mira couldn't even finish her sentence before the grand doors swung open with a thud. The whole guild, including Makarov, eyes wide and shifted slowly to the woman standing in the doorway.

"Nunnally...." Gray whispered.

"NUNALLY YOU'RE BACK!" Everyone shouted enthusiastically. Her dull blue eyes pierced everyone's in the room making them return to their own business.

"You will address me as the Phantom Queen." She stated plainly. The metal soles of her shoes clanked with each step she took towards Lucy, Gray, Erza, and Mira.

"Welcome back!" Mira exclaimed.

"I'm just here to pick up another job and I'll be on my way." She walked towards the staircase that led to the second floor when Gray stopped her.

"Nunally you can't!" She ignored the ice Mage and continued up the stairs, grabbed a job, and went back down. "You just got back, do you know how much you worried all of us when you just got up and left a year ago!? You should have seen Natsu, he was a mess!" The mention of Natsu's name made Nunally stop in her tracks.

"N-Natsu?" flashbacks of the two best friends flicked through her mind making her clutch her head in pain. She had tried so hard to be rid of all those memories and now they were coming back to her all at once. Gray rushed to her aid and let her balance herself on his shoulder "Do you want to take a seat?" Gray asked.

"Please." Nunally pleaded, Gray helped Nunally sit on one of the bar stools as Mira slid a glass of water and two small capsules to her "Thank you." She quickly downed them both and with a sigh she slid the now empty glass towards Mira.

"What just happened?" Erza asked the Nunnally.

"When I left for the job, I didn't want any distractions. If I did, I would have gotten myself killed. And my biggest distraction, was Natsu. He's the most important person in the world to me, we've stood by each other through so much. So, I casted a spell on myself, ridding all my memories of him. In the end, I instantly regretted it. I wish he was here." That's when Nunally's name softy began to echo throughout the guild. "Tch! I thought I told you people to-" her eyes landed on the one person that drilled all those happy memories into her, the one she was dying to see yet, dreading...at the same time.

"Nunally..." He whispered.

"Natsu..." She spoke softly and stood up from the bar stool.

"Nunally!!!" He ran straight to the stunned girl and captured her in a tight embrace. "I missed you so much." His grip got tighter as she awkwardly hugged him back. "Please don't leave anymore."

"I can't stay here Natsu, I told you it brings back too many painful memories." Nunally was released from his death grip and she sulked with a cold expression all the way to the entrance door of the guild.

"Goodbye Natsu." And She was gone.

"She's not leaving anytime soon." The five turned their attention to Master Makarov. "She can't, her heart won't let her."

"I'll bring here back." Natsu said determined "I will bring the old Nunally back. This time for good."