Prolouge

"Hi Ma'am! Good morning. Welcome to Jollibee, may I take your order please?"

There she was again. She was looking up the menu, and I was looking up her face. She comes here once or twice a week.

Minsan Monday and Friday, minsan naman Wednesday and Friday, kadalasan Friday and Saturday.

She will never miss her Friday Jolibee routine. Napangiti ako. She has that radiant smile on her face too.

Yung tipong mahahawa ka sa ngiti niya. I can't help but look forward during Fridays. Kasi dun siya mas nagtatagal dito.

"Aray! What the hell?!" Napahimas ako sa likod ng ulo ko kung saan binatukan ako ni Basty.

My workmate. It kinda brought me up to reality. Nasa trabaho pala ako.

"What the hell what the hell mong mukha mo! Nakatunganga ka dyan, yung customer mo kanina pa nag aantay!" Basty was glaring at me. Sabay turo sa babaeng nasa counter.

Shit.

"S-sorry." I immediately said. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit! Kanina pa pala siya nagsasalita. I was gaping at her! Literally. This is probably the most embarrassing moment of my existence.

"A-Ano po ulit yung order niyo?" Goddamn- haist. I couldn't look at her, I was looking down the counter. Ready to type in her order.

"Nervous much?" Mapangasar na bulong ni Basty.

I could see him smirking at the corner of my eyes. Umiiling iling pa ang gago. I'm gonna punch you after this, asshole.

"Uhm. C1 po, tapos 1 regular fries and.."

Sundae. She's gonna say Sundae.

"..isang sundae." Nailed it.

"Anong flavor po? We have mango, chocolate, and there's our new flavor halo halo sundae po." I finally got the nerves to look at her.

Kahit pumalpak ako kanina ay nakangiti pa rin siya. I shook my thoughts for a moment, baka matulala na naman ako. Mahaba ang pila. I've been working here for two months, I don't wanna get fired.

Baka hindi ko na siya makita.

..at baka wala akong kainin at ibayad sa boarding house.

"Chocolate." She cheerfully answered.

She tries different flavors every now and then. Pero ang regular niya talaga, chocolate. She hates the langka flavor. She tried that once. At kitang kita ko ang pagkadismaya sa mukha niya.

I quietly laughed at myself as I prepare her order. I am definitely going crazy over this girl.

I am not a stalker. I don't follow her after she goes out. Hanggang pinto lang. I can't stalk her even if I want to anyway. She leaves when the sun is setting. Eh hanggang 9pm pa ang shift ko.

"Here's your order Ma'am, thank you. Have a nice day!"

She picked up the tray and smiled at me.

"Salamat." She sweetly said. Naglakad na siya palayo. She's probably gonna sit in her favorite spot. In the corner where it's a little bit isolated where she can take out her book and read.

She's always alone when she comes here. Lagi naka'earphones at may kinakalikot na kng ano sa tablet niya habang kumakain o di kaya nagbabasa.

Dammit. I know even the slightest details of her routine when she's here.

Even the way she tapped her fingers on the table.

The way she bit her lips every time she finished her sundae.

The way she becomes giddy after she bites her chicken.

Damn. I'm whipped.

Since when did I get so observant?