MIDNIGHT SCENE

The night had fallen to the horizon hours ago. It's almost midnight. Sue, standing next to the receptionist table is busy putting everything in her bag. Books, wallet, phone, papers and stethoscope. She's about to leave the hospital, finally having a silent night after lines of night shift last week. Before she zips up her bag, she kneels down, fixing her shoe laces. Getting back to her feet, she's about to take her medical jacket off when she catch a glimpse of something moving in front of the glass door.

A little girl.

Sue puts her jacket back on. Narrowing her eyes for a clear sight. That girl is hopping around with her head looking up. Sometimes landing on her feet and tip toed. It's like she's looking for something in the lobby. Something important. What else, it's almost midnight, it's pouring hard outside and that girl is alone. Something is definitely wrong.

Sue makes her way outside, approaching the girl. It's freezing outside, which is why Sue ends up staring in amazement because the girl is bare-feet. How'd she survive this temperature?

Sue lowers herself to the girl's eye-level. "Hey, is there anything that I can help you with?" she asks.

She don't get any immediate response. In fact, that girl just stare at her with her tiny eyes. Tiny-wet-eyes. But, she mumbles something under her breath. Over and over again, that word slipping out of her lips.

Dad.

Sue quickly jumps into conclusion. "Your dad is in there? Wanna me to help you find him?"

The girl shakes her head, lifting her sight from the tip of her toes. "Dad." She repeats, for the 37th time.

"Yes, yes, your Dad." Sue says, almost impatient. "what is it about your dad?"

The girl, she slowly exhales. She brushes her hand across her cheeks, sweeping the tears away. She turns her head for a second, as if she's checking for something behind the hospital gate. "Help!"

.

Out of expectation. Sue is running towards nowhere following a little girl in the middle of the night, under the pouring rain. She has no idea what she's doing right now, all she knows that there's a life she needs to safe. And that life is this girl's father.

She's having a hard time keeping up with this girl's pace. Even tough she got a bigger step, still, this girl really is scorching.

There's a big chance that the girl is a set up. That she's leading Sue towards a kidnaper's den or something. There's no guarantee that Sue's not under a big danger. There's no guarantee that the whole thing is real. It's probably just a way to a-

Sue is definitely dead.

She just stopped in front of an old apartment building, who looks exactly like a place where kidnapper stays. Most of the room's light are off. The wall are dirty and filled with graffiti and ads. The light at the end of the street is burned off, giving the building extra creepy sense. Susan was just about to turned her back when the girl called.

"Ms." She calls, not even looking back. She's making sure that there's no car in the street, "He's there." She points the top right corner window, with a flickering vague light. She don't hesitate, she quickly crosses the street and waits for Sue at the other side.

Sue is caught up. She don't have any choice. She can run, but what if there's a real dying father up there. She can stay, but what if there's a ruthless serial killer up there.

What if.

Across the street, the girl is waiting for her. Looking at Sue. Her wet eyes is glistering against the soft lambency of night's light. It's almost pathetic. Sue just cant bear it. Without wasting anymore time, she takes a step.

The little girl guides her to the particular room. And there she founds a sight that no girl in this world should've watch.