It's All Alright

Misha's night of relaxation was exactly what you needed. The two of you spent some much needed time together, without kids interrupting, or thinking about the wedding, or the judging of Gishwhes. It was just the two of you, time spent in each other's arms, moving from the couch at one point during the night to your bed. 

And it was there you woke, tangled in Misha's arms, his skin warm against yours. You snuggled in closer, loving the smell of sunshine, and mint that radiated off of him. After your horrible day yesterday, this was an amazing way to start today, and you wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of the day wrapped around him.

But the sound of the front door slamming, and voices below had you fully waking up, and you shook Misha. "Hmm." You heard him mutter, but his eyes stayed closed, and he pulled you even closer.

"Not that I don't love this, but I think the kids are back, and I don't really want them barging in here while we are both naked." You said, and he finally opened his eyes.

"They're back already?" He asked, and you nodded. "Dang it. I could have spent all day with you in my arms like this." He said, moving his arm from around your back, past your side, up to the ticklish part underneath your breast.

"Misha!" You exclaimed, before sliding out of bed. You hurriedly grabbed a shirt, pulling it over your head before tossing one, along with boxers to Misha. He pulled them on, while still laying down. Pulling panties on, you were just heading back to bed when the door slammed open, and West and Maison both rushed inside.

"Mom, Dad!" They exclaimed, jumping on the bed. "We missed you!"

You climbed back into bed, and Maison jumped into your arms, cuddling tight into you. "Mommy, I missed you." She said softly, and you brushed her wild curls from her face.

"Missed you too little muffet." You said, and she giggled at the silly nickname. You looked up to see West with a guilty look on his face. He crawled over the bed to you, and you waited. You weren't mad at him for his attitude yesterday, you understood everyone had bad days, and he probably felt your tension, and didn't know how to handle it.

"Mom, are you still mad at me?" He asked, his eyes cast downwards. You grabbed his hand, pulling him into your embrace as Maison moved to her Dad.

"West, I was never mad at you. Upset and disappointed? Yes, because I know you knew better." You told him, and he looked up at you, tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said, before throwing himself in your arms. You let him cuddle into you, knowing he needed it just as much as you did. 

"Alright everyone. As much as I would love to stay and cuddle in bed all day, I have to go in to work. But tomorrow's Saturday, and you will have me all day tomorrow." He promised, moving into the bathroom.

"What should we do today?" You asked the kids, before yawning.

West, who was still in your arms, had a suggestion. "Can we do a video?"

"Sure. We could go to the store today, then wait until your Dad gets home, do the video tomorrow." You suggested, remembering how West didn't want to do a video without his Dad.

"Can't we do one with just you? Like you did with those kids you babysat?" He asked, and you nodded.

"Yay!" Both kids exclaimed just as Misha came out of the bathroom, ready for another long day of work.

"What are you guys so excited about?" He asked, giving each kid a quick hug, before kissing you.

"It's a surprise." West said.

"Yeah, it's a s'prise." Maison said, stumbling over the word.

"Well, don't give Y/N too much grief." He said before leaving for the day. After promising the kids you would get ready to go shopping, they ran to their rooms. You quickly got dressed, before moving down to the kitchen. The kids followed behind, and you stood in the kitchen, "Alright guys, what are we cooking?"

"Cookies!" They both exclaimed.

"Cookies it is." You agreed, knowing you had most of the ingredients for cooking. Setting up the camcorder, you grabbed a bunch of ingredients, laying them around the room.

As soon as you pressed record, things turned crazy. Before you knew it, somehow flour had ended up on the ceiling fan, and batter was over the windows. Raisins, shredded carrots, chocolate chips, along with chocolate sauce were part of the ingredients. West was placing big blobs onto a cookie sheet, and you were keeping your fingers crossed that they wouldn't spread out too much and turn into a burnt, gross mess.

While you were waiting, you turned the radio on, changing the channel until a peppy fun song started playing. Turning it up louder, you swung your hips to the music, smiling as the kids laughed at you. Grabbing West's hands, you started swinging them back and forth, trying to get him dancing. At first he was unsure, and a little shy, but then he got the hang of it. Jumping around the kitchen, he attempted his own version of dancing, while you took a turn with Maison. She squealed as you twirled her around the room, and you laughed along with her.

It wasn't long before the timer went off, and you pulled the cookies out of the oven. You were actually surprised how good they looked and smelled. Helping West place them on a cooling sheet, you turned the camcorders off, before working on cleaning the kitchen. Both kids went into the living room with a juice box and a bag of apples. 

Once everything was clean, you went to join them, smiling when you saw both of them asleep. You sat down next to Maison, letting your eyes close.

______________________________________________________

Later that night, you let West bag up some of his cookies, and the three of you walked over to your neighbor. After promising her they were edible, you came back, getting the kids ready for bed. 

Each kid required their own story, and you obliged. Soon enough, they were both asleep, and you relaxed on the couch, watching the Olympics while drinking a glass of wine. You heard the door open, and you smiled at Misha who was back from work. He came up behind you, leaning down and wrapping his arms around you. You leaned back into his touch, enjoying it.

"Sit. I'll get you a glass." You told him, and he complied. Returning moments later with the glass, along with your laptop, you joined him, tucking your legs under yourself.

"What's with the laptop?" He asked you.

"We did a cooking video today. I was hoping you could help me go through the footage." You asked him, and he put the laptop on his lap, making sure both of you could see. You watched as you were silly with his kids, smiling as he chuckled when the batter hit the window. The next clip you saw was of the dancing. You had forgotten it was filming during that time, and even more surprised to see it had captured most of it. You watched in silence, amazed at how beautiful of a moment it was, making you feel as if you were really their mom.

"Wow, that was amazing." Misha muttered quietly, shutting the laptop and turning to you. "They really love you, I hope you know that." 

You smiled at him, feeling yourself getting emotional. He pulled you into the comfort of his arms. "I hope they do. I really want to make them happy, to be there for them." You admitted. 

"You're doing a great job. I just wish I was here more for you." He said, and you shook your head.

"Misha, I understood what was going to happen when I first decided to move in here. And it's alright. But I can't wait for tomorrow, when it's just you, me and the kids. No wedding planning, no filming. I live for days like that."

His lips were rough as they pressed against yours, a rough you had grown accustomed to, and didn't mind. You leaned into the kiss, feeling his hand wrap around your head, pulling you to him. And it was true, while you wish you could spend more time with him, you cherished every little moment like this one.