Chapter Twenty Two- The Good, The Bad And The Dirty

Roy could tell MacKenzie was absolutely euphoric about spending the entire weekend with him at the Fritzges Hollywoodland mansion, looming up in the hills above the city. Roy was dumbfounded at how such wealthy individuals who practically lived in a palace could endorse such a shitty excuse for a restaurant.

"They gotta get their money elsewhere..." Roy commented.

MacKenzie chuckled, leading Roy to a door on the side of the house which had a flat ground to get inside. Much better than the staircase judging him in the front.

"I'd believe it," she said. And Roy couldn't help but smile.

Heidi and Gillian, the two young girls around the age of six, were still at their piano lesson when MacKenzie let Roy and herself inside. Peaches seemed young, even younger than Roy, she must have been an early teenaged mother. She was in the foyer with her suitcase, this Spanish villa was graced with one. It was white, bright, and expensive.

A tall, lanky man followed her, puffing on a strong cigarette. He worse sunglasses and a vest with no shirt beneath it, his hair was sticking up and his cologne was heavy. He stopped suddenly when he saw Roy.

He turned to Peaches and spoke quickly in German and she responded nonchalantly. Roy wondered if Peaches had always spoke German or learned the language after marrying her husband. Needless to say she spoke it perfectly.

"Oh!" He exclaimed. "Fraulein MacKenzie and young rolling friend of yours."

Rolling friend? Never heard that one before.

He spoke with a thick German accent. This man had such a wild energy next to such a poised Peaches who looked bored and didn't make eye contact with Roy, only greeting MacKenzie. She acted as if Roy wasn't there.

Oh damn. This must be my boss...

"Young rolling friend. You verk for me now, correct?"

"Uh," Roy cleared his throat. "I presume you're Holger."

"You come to verk Monday, mm?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah I do, yeah I am," Roy nodded.

MacKenzie was snickering under her breath. Peaches applied lipstick and didn't say anything as she left for the car with her luggage.

Roy was curious as to where they were going but was rather afraid to question. Considering Peaches acted like she didn't even know Roy, even after pouring her heart out to him in the bakery office filled with rats and cash, he assumed it was implied for him to not mention a word to her husband. If he knew of the affair or not, it wasn't Roy's place to confide in Holger.

"You do very vell," Holger exclaimed. "You roll money, you roll flour, you roll."

Roy smiled. "That's how I roll."

"Okay! Ve are leaving now. Ve shall be back Monday morning, mm?"

"Sounds great!" MacKenzie spoke up, still trying to hide her amusement.

"You make great and lovely employees." Holger kissed MacKenzie on the cheek and patted Roy on the head, which infuriated him but he bit his tongue and smiled in return.

Peaches and Holger sped out of the cobblestone driveway and MacKenzie immediately burst out laughing.

"He's so ridiculous I love it!"