Letter 397 // The Final Farewell

**Kenma's POV**

I miss you so much. Why did you have to leave me like this? It's been weeks since you passed and I'm just as upset about it as I was at your funeral.

I thought they were all the letters, but there was one more. Right at the very bottom. I'm not sure I even want to read it, I'm not ready for the pain.

My curiosity gets the better of me and I reluctantly open it, 

~~~

My dearest Kenma,

If you haven't already figured, I'm dying.

I can feel it, I'm writing this before you come because I know I won't be here after you leave. I'm going to keep this short and sweet since I can feel the cancer eating away at me and I don't think I will be able to write that much without crying my heart out.

You mean the world to me Kenma. I don't think I've ever felt this way towards someone than I do to you. You complete me. You filled the deep, empty void that had been plaguing me ever since I was diagnosed. I don't think there are enough words in all the languages to describe how much I love you. 

I was just a lost soul, wandering around this empty plane of existence we call 'life.' That was, until I met you, however. As soon as I laid eyes on you I knew I had to get to know you. You had this aura around you that screamed 'I hate everyone. No one talk to me' but naturally, my impulsive self didn't listen. It was a spur of the moment type of thing, but I don't regret it in the slightest. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It was what changed my life; for the better.

I don't have the strength anymore Kenma. I don't have the strength to fight it. My whole body is tired, I'm struggling to write this final letter to you because my arms just keep getting heavier and heavier with each word I write. 

I will most likely be gone by the time you're reading this, so I have 2 simple requests of you;

1. Please, don't stop going to that coffee shop. Keep going back, and reminisce in the warmth of our memories. Embrace them, don't see them as bad, instead welcome them with open arms and an open heart, look back on all our moments and smile; smile because it happened.

2. Move on. I know it will be hard but I beg of you, please move on from me. Don't let me bog your life down, go out and make friends! Meet new people, meet a new love. It will do you good, I promise.

I can hear your soft footsteps coming down the hall, so here is my final farewell,

You are my world; my stars; my galaxy. You will always be in my heart.

I love you, Kozume Kenma. Please, stay strong and love again.

Goodbye 

-Hinata Shouyou, the guy who thanks you with his whole self for making his last years on earth the most amazing and memorable ones yet

~~~

I barely manage to read the last few lines as they are stained with tears, I'm not sure if they're mine or yours but it doesn't matter. Tears aren't going to bring back what was stolen from me.

I love you, Hinata Shouyou. Thank you for making these past few years the best ones yet.

I promise, I will be with you soon. Just you wait, my love.