4

I sighed as I looked into my full length mirror that hung on my bedroom wall, tugging at my clothing.

Liv was walking around behind me, trying to change my mind

Liv was walking around behind me, trying to change my mind. "You don't even know the guy. He could rape you or kidnap you or -" I held my hand up, making her stop talking. She was always the more responsible friend. And she was always going through scenarios that could happen, but never did. She always disapproved of all of my past boyfriends and so far, she's been right about them. "Liv, I'll be okay. I promise." I said, smiling at her. "And if you're not?" She asked. "I will be." I said, sure of what I was saying. She sighed in defeat, walking behind me as I stared into the mirror. Liv was like the sister I never had. Or mum. I had never met my family. I was put up for adoption the day I was born, and I was told growing up that my biological mum never even looked at me. The orphanage I grew up in sucked and I was always the most hated. I got abused. Physically and emotionally. When I started going to public school, I met Liv and we hit it off immediately. She had a family and was always happy, so I hung out with her to just pretend I had a family too, even if it was for a day. She found out about the abuse soon after we became friends and she begged her parents to adopt me, but they simply couldn't. They had Liv and her brother to look after already. I never got adopted and when I turned eighteen I moved in with Liv. Her parents still feel guilty that they couldn't adopt me. I knew they would have if they could've. I spend my Christmases with them and they always send me birthday gifts and always call and check up. I love them as if they were my own parents. And they love me as if I was their own child. "You look beautiful, Kenz." She said, smiling. That's what she called me sometimes, and it always made me smile. It's been six days since I found JJ laying on the street. It was Sunday now. We had been texting and talking on the phone until late at night. Until I fell asleep really. And I would always wake up in the morning to find a goodnight text that I had received while sleeping. We would talk about everything. His YouTube, his fans, his haters, his music, his friends. But when it came to me, I was more closed off. I told him a lot about me of course. But there just wasn't a lot to be told. I told him everything he wanted to know. Like if I had any other friends besides Liv, which I didn't really. Or if I enjoyed my job, which I kind of did. Or what I did in my free time, which was either watch football or play around with a football in the garden or play FIFA or any video game really. I was a bit obsessed with football if I'm honest so FIFA was what I normally played. When he asked about my family, I told him it was complicated and he never brought it back up, thankfully. I sighed. "I know." I smirked, looking away from the mirror. JJ and I's date plan was pretty basic. We were going to the movies and then to eat somewhere. Then, the sound of the doorbell went off and I smiled at her. "Okay. I'll text you if I need you." I said quickly before basically running out of my room and down the stairs, not wanting her to come say anything and embarrass me. When I opened the door JJ stood there, hands folded together in front him. He was wearing a black snapback now that said 'Beast' in white letters. I knew it was his line of clothing from one of the late night conversations we had shared. Along with the hat he was wearing black jeans and a black hoodie that said 'Sidemen' on it. I also knew who the Sidemen are. They were his best friends and the YouTube group he was in. He smiled at me once my eyes met his. His face was healed now and there was no evidence of the mugging that happened almost a week ago. "Liv I'm leaving!" I yelled through the house before taking a step towards him and shutting the door behind me. "You look nice." He smiled as he locked his arm with mine. "Well I do try." I said, flipping my light, straightened blonde hair behind my shoulder. He laughed lightly and led me to the passenger side of a different car. It wasn't a Lamborghini now, but I didn't mind one bit. I would've preferred not to ride in a Lamborghini and draw that much attention to me anyways. After opening and closing my door for me and getting in himself, he rubbed his hands together, turning the heater on. "I hate the cold." He muttered as he grabbed the AUX cord. "I hope you don't mind that we aren't arriving in style." He said, gesturing with his hand to the car. I giggled. "I would much prefer to not have that much attention turning up at a movie theater in a lambo anyways." I said, smiling as he scrolled through his music on his phone. I had heard his songs and listened to them on repeat ever since he told me the names of them. I really liked them if I'm honest. So I knew that the song was 'Smoke & Mirrors' as soon as the music started playing. He put his phone down and put his seatbelt on as I did too. "Let's get this show on the road."

A/N
Sorry this is such a late update. Just kind of forgot about it if I'm honest. Nevertheless, I hope you all have/had a lovely day!!

See ya! xx