Chapter 6

*Two weeks later on a Friday*

Ever wonder if the visions you get while you are dreaming are actually memories? I am starting to feel that. Since I lost my memory in an accident or car crash anything would be possible at the moment for me. I miss my memory. As of right now, it seems nearly impossible to know what a normal person feels like when memory comes to them. "Harry...do you think it would be fun to play a memory game?" I a sked him and he looked quite puzzled.

"You lost your memory, you will be able to remember what is going on for a game. How about we make it interesting and make it personal." He smirks and I know that he is only doing it to make me want to learn more. "I want you to get your memory back, or at least some part of it, not for me.... but I can see what it is doing to you. It is making you depressed." He says and he walks over to where I am. "I want you to be happy."

I smile and I look into his beaming green-ish-blue eyes and we hug each other. The thing with Harry is that it feels like we have known each other longer than a month or a week, but our whole lives. Wonder if he feels the same? "Sure, we can make it personal. You can create the game." I let him know. Harry knows that I am frustrated but it is nobody's fault except mine. When I left the hospital, my doctor suggested I would meet with a therapist, to deal with my emotions and to hopefully improve my memory. Realistically I know my memory will never be 100% regained, but there has to be a better percentage of success.

*Saturday Morning*

Harry and I are going for a morning walk. It is a nice winter morning. For the middle of January, it is quite nice outside. The sun is out and there is still snow on the ground. "It is a wonderful morning out." I tell him. "You look like you are so warm and cozy." I snuggle into him as we walk more.

"Lets go get some hot cocoa...shall we?" He asks and he points to a bakery. I laugh and I pull him there. "Well thanks for treating me oh so softly." He teases and laughs. Earning him a playful slap from me. "Hey at least make snowballs." He mentions and we both laugh.

"Oh is that a challenge?" I ask him with a serious but joking tone. He smiles and continues to walk in front of me. I take time to make a snowball and I throw it at him. "Are you cold?" I ask as I see him cringe at how cold it is on the back of his neck when the snowball came into contact with his skin.

"You know, we should probably go ice skating sometime." He mentions, it would be something cheesy as a couple, but it seems cool. I never went ice skating.

"Sure. Harry on a separate note, when is your birthday? I know you mentioned, but I don't remember." I tell him and I honestly feel ashamed that I don't remember anything. Literally EVERYTHING is gone from my mind. I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast three seconds ago, but that is a separate issue. I forget that because I forgot the earlier memories and I am compromising. I want to regain more of my memory.

"The first of February is my birthday." He tells me and opens the door of the bakery for me. "I don't want it to become a big to-do. I really just want a low-key thing happening. Maybe just a date or something." He lets me know and I know that I want to make a party happen, but maybe we could do something fun with it.

"Okay, we could do a movie night, just me and you and a lot of wine." I mention. He seems to become tense.

"I was thinking we could just chill and have junk food, no alcohol. Bad things tend to happen with us when alcohol is involved." He says and I can sense that Harry wanted things to be sheltered and civil on his birthday and I don't blame him.

"Harry, we are adults, we could work through things." I hold his hand and I get cold since I warmed my hands with my hot chocolate and he seems to have not touched his. "What are you afraid of?"

"You getting angry with how I am acting and potentially getting into a deadly car crash." He told me honestly and rushed.

"What if best case scenario is that we do get into an argument, I will go into a room and cool down. Worst case is that I run off and get into a crash but then I get an injury that ends up being a miracle..." Harry knows I believe in miracles. If we have known each other for as long as he claims, I would have mentioned it for anything.

"Honey, I know you believe in those, but I don't...." He admits and he looks me in the eyes. "I want a miracle to happen, but I doubt it will ever happen." He sighs and I remove my hand from his and I am getting angry but I remember what I promised.

"I am just going to be outside for a moment." I say as I walk out.

*Harry's POV*

I know I angered her. My mom raised me to be realistic and that I could dream, but to know that dreams only come true through hard work. Mariana wants her memory back, however, she and I need to both realize that it would come, with hard work, not some miracle. Looking outside I see her sitting down at the bench just outside and I know that she is safe not crossing the street.

As our waitress walks towards us. "Would that be all?"She asks.

"Could we get three more hot chocolates? If I pay could I take it out there so I could talk to her a bit? I need to make it right. We will be back at the booth..." She nods and I can tell that when I said that I need to make it right, her heart was softened. "Thank you." I say as she goes to get another one, I feel my phone vibrate:

You thought business was over? Boy, you are more wrong than this fight you are having right now.

The ID showed as unknown but I could only guess who it is. I tipped and got the two cups. Mariana and I almost collided when she said, "Can we go ice skating tonight?" I nodded and I rushed us both home to safety. Hopefully Dwayne won't get her alone. Maybe we could work something out. We walk back to the house and the walk is silent.

"Why do you want to go ice skating?" I asked just to make a little small talk.

"Like you said, it would be fun and different."

She and I both look at each other I bring my head lower and lower, just as I was about to kiss her, I decided to whisper in her ear, "The days and nights may change, but my feelings won't. We will never change, baby." I let her know and she blushes, I can feel it. When we got home I tried to conceal the texts from Dwayne, until she brought it up.

"Harry, who is Dwayne and why is he contacting me?" I took a deep breath.

"He was someone from my past. I used to do drugs and sell..." I whispered. "I am in some what of a debt..."

"Just like him...." She whispered and I heard it. Mariana is doing what I never really wanted her to do. Compare me to her brother. "Harry, you need to go. Forget the ice skating. I am sorry." She mentions and I leave the living room and headed for the front door.

Before I closed it behind me, "Mariana, I am not like your brother. I turned around, I paid my debt but I did it in a way that Dwayne thought I worked for him. I am sorry." I huffed. "But I want you to know, I am not your brother." I slammed the door behind me and got into the car. All I know is, maybe my feelings are still there, but, maybe I am hoping for a miracle. I want her to have her memory back.

*Mariana's POV* 

I have always been a sheltered girl since the very beginning. I see that Harry organized the boxes and I decided to start watching some old family home movies. This night is going to be long. I got a blanket and I sat on the couch. I am going backwards and I cannot wait to see what I am going to learn to remember.