Copyright

Living Free

Copyright© 2014 by Brianne Woods

All rights reserved.

Any infringement is punishable by law.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

"I'm not important. I'm worthless and nobody wants me here," he said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Nobody loves me and nobody ever will."

More tears began rolling down my cheeks once the words tumbled out of his mouth. "But that's where you are wrong. You are important and you're not worthless and I do want you here. Just because not very many people love you like they should doesn't mean that you should give up on the one person that does."

"You're wrong. Nobody loves me," he said letting out a little sob.

"Again. You're wrong," I say taking a small step towards him. "I---I love you."

-----

 Ten years have passed since Laura McLean was kidnapped; now she has finally returned home safely. Moving in with her unrecognizable older brother is pretty tough considering the fact that he has suddenly become very overprotective and is keeping her on a tight leash. Living with him is like she's been kidnapped all over again.      

 That is until she makes the right choice of sitting next to the farmer's boy, Conner Burton, on the bus ride to school. He will take her to places she has never been before, and he will teach her how to let things go, but if you take one look at him it's all smiles and laughs, but what Laura sees is a secret hidden deep inside him. Laura is determined to find out this dark secret of his, but looking past it she knows that there is a adventure up ahead, and maybe.... just maybe something else.