Chapter 3

Chapter 3- Beating up the criminal for fun

Finally the class ended and I went to second period. The teacher here was also a girl. She had crazy puffy black hair-not to be mean or anything-and she wore lots of makeup.

“Oh, hi there! Well, class we have a new student. Please introduce yourself.”

“I’m Kate,” I said and tried to go back to my seat as fast as I could, but the teacher caught me. She laughed nervously.

“A little more information would be nice,” she said. I sighed.

“I’m Kate Demur and I moved here from Georgia, and before you ask, the country not the state. That’s why I have an accent; any questions?”

I couldn’t believe it; a hand went up. Who would care enough to ask a question? The guy who raised his hand had dirty blonde hair the same style as Creg’s and pretty blue eyes.

“So, the country Georgia has hot girls like you?” he asked smirking.

Well, that was uncomfortable.

“Alan! Be appropriate please,” the teacher scolded.

The classroom had lab tables, so in one table there were three people. The only empty seat was between Sorrow and Alan. Wonderful. Science class was very boring. I was trying hard not to fall asleep. I looked around and saw half the class doing homework for other classes. I looked next to me and saw Sorrow take out her binder. Her binder had two drawings on the cover. One had a red haired girl in a black dress against a headstone full of blood. The other had the same girl on a rock in the middle of a pond; she had black wings and a sword. Wow, they were neat.

“Did you draw that?”

Sorrow looked annoyed at my question but she answered simply, “yes”

“Wow, how’d you get the idea?” I asked.

“This is how I feel sometimes; is that a problem?” she said.

 Why does she hate me? I looked to the other side and saw Alan making a paper airplane. He threw it at this guy’s back and was snickering.

“Oh it’s on,” the person said and then he got a rubber band and threw it at Alan. Next thing I know, the whole class is at war throwing paper balls, paper airplanes, and rubber bands. I was ducking them as best as I could and the teacher was yelling for us to stop. I looked over to Creg and saw him laughing like crazy with Alan. Thankfully, the bell rang that instant and everyone rushed out. Third period was Math and I was glad, because it was calm and quiet. The teacher was strict and I loved it. History was fun but not calm. The teacher was very energetic. Now it was time for lunch. Sorrow was supposed to make me sit with the ‘popular’ crowd. “Hey there Kate!” Sorrow said cheerfully. Ok, what is up with her cheery attitude? She had a friend next to her. Her friend had obviously dyed black hair with the same style as Sorrow’s. Why are these people so stereotypical? They pulled me towards their table and I sat down.

Her friend’s name was Alexis. Their table was packed with people. What I found interesting was that nobody was eating. There were girls and guys making out, a group of guys were having a contest to see who had the most tattoos/piercings, and girls complaining about almost everything. Odd, Creg wasn’t here. Wait, I hear his laughing coming from the halls.

“I’m going to the bathroom,” I informed them and went.

 Good thing about my job is eavesdropping is considered useful. I saw Creg with a younger girl with light curly brown hair and innocent blue eyes filled with tears.

“But why?” she asked him.

“Honey, haven’t you known me well from my reputation?” Creg said. The girl looked on the verge of crying.

“You’re not serious are you? It’s just a one-night stand get over it!” he said harshly.

“But I’m pregnant,” the girl whispered through sobs.

“Not my problem. Hey think of the bright side. Maybe you can get money from the government for being a single mom,” he said.

The girl ran away crying. I quickly went back inside the lunchroom and tried to calm down. A minute later Creg came to the table. That sick bastard, I can’t even look at him. Oh, he’ll be sorry. The principle came into the lunchroom.

“Alan and Creg, come to my office, now!” she yelled. Alan groaned while Creg just laughed.

“What did we do this time?” Alan exclaimed.

“Dude, relax, it’s not like they can literally torture us,” Creg said. Everyone was snickering as they were getting pulled out by the principle.

“Not again,” Alexis said. After the principle was gone everyone at our table burst out laughing. The bell rang; next class was P.E. Everyone was sitting against the small wall in the gym. The teacher was in front of us.

“Alright class! You know how we do it in this class. Tuesdays and Thursdays are fitness days, Fridays are free time, and Mondays and Wednesdays are class sports. Today we are starting a new sport. Self defense!” the teacher finished off and half the class groaned while the other half was talking about kicking some ass.

“Ok, ok, calm down people,” he said.

“Who knows even a little about self defense?” the teacher asked us.

 Only about 5 hands went up. I might as well raise my hand.

“Ok then. Creg and Kate, come on up here!” Damn it. I got up, as did Creg.

 “You guys will demonstrate for the class, and I will correct your mistakes. Pretend Creg is an attacker and Kate you have to defend yourself,” he said. Correct our mistakes? I should correct yours, teacher. As the teacher gave the call to begin, Creg lunged at me. I easily slid to the side. He threw his fist to my stomach; I caught it right on time and twisted his wrist. He did the same thing to my arm. We both gritted our teeth. Yup this is painful, but I’ve had worse, and believe or not I was having fun. I had missed fighting. Now the class was interested; they’re all looking at us with bulging eyes. I slid my leg between his legs and punched him in the gut. He pushed me against the wall and whispered in my ear so only I would hear.

“I didn’t know you were this good at fighting. I find that hot.” I hit him in the balls. Unfair game, but I don’t care. He groaned and fell on his knees. I pushed him to the ground, but this boy wouldn’t give up. He pulled me from the leg and I fell on my butt. The fighting went on until the teacher couldn’t take it anymore.

“Ok! That’s enough!” He cleared his throat.

“Thank you,” he said. The whole class was applauding. Wow, I never had anyone clap for me, so I guess this is flattering. I guess the teacher lost his pride or something because after that he just gave us free time like on Fridays.

Sorrow came up to me and whispered, “Good. Instant popularity, step one complete.”