14 - basorexia

Basorexia —

Kyungwa's POV:

We wandered out into the streets and tried to find the place his dad talked about. I was pretty excited, I hadn't had that kind of food in years.
"Are you still cold? We could go somewhere closer." Jin asked as we found out it was halfway across town.
"No, I want to go there." I assured as I began walking again.

He followed and soon swung his arm around my shoulders. My heart pounded but I didn't want it to, he was just being friendly, I shouldn't think this way about my best friend. That's all we were: friends.

"What are you thinking about now?" He asked right next to my ear and I had to contain a shiver.
"Just... Brighton. When I went with my family." I lied but he bought it.
"How often did you go?"
"Once a year, sometimes twice." I really was thinking about it now. They were my favourite memories as a child; being able to run across the pebble beach and into the ocean.

"I heard it rains too much. And that it's always cold." He frowned, interrupting my flashbacks.
"It does and it is. But I kinda like the cold." I agreed.
"Why?"
"Well, you get to snuggle up to get warm. I'd rather that than fanning yourself so you don't get heatstroke."
"But all the girls wear short shorts in summer." He said, I giggled and hit his chest playfully.
"Perv."

"It's not my fault they do!" He defended, stepping away from me as if to prove a point.
"It's your fault if you stare."
"I don't stare. I just... Look." He argued, trying to make himself seem better.
"Of course."

-•*•-

"Well. We're here."
"It's cute! So small!" I beamed, just wanting to get inside as we stood looking.
"What do you want?"
"Just fish and a small portion of chips (a/n: fffrrriiieeesss). Get your dad the same, in England the portions are massive." I explained and he nodded before we walked into the tiny shop. It was warm and stuffy but in a good way after the freezing weather outside. A sat and waited as Jin ordered all the food, everything smelt amazing.

"Should we go to the park? Or there's a bench just down the road?" He asked, pointing around the corner and eating his fries.
"Why don't we just go back to yours? Your father's food will get cold and so will we." I suggested,
"I thought you liked the cold."
"I like getting warm when it's cold." I corrected, cuddling into myself as much as I could in his large coat.
"Let's go then."

As we walked, Jin began to walk into me. He nudged me repeatedly, sometimes knocking fries out of my hand, to get me to notice him.
"What?" I finally asked, looking up at his smirking yet innocent face.
"Nothing." He simply replied.
"Why are you nudging me?" He just shrugged, walking away and then back into my side.

"Stop." I giggled, annoying him back by knocking into his own side.
"Why?" He asked, bumping me with hips again.
"Because you're annoying." I told him, shoving him back but this time with my hands.
"Hey, no fair!" He complained, using his hands to push me. I stumbled sideways a few steps before balancing again.
"You're stronger." I argued and he sighed.
"Can't complain about that." He said, flexing his biceps, even though they were under a thick coat.
"Stronger. I'm just weak." I clarified and his smug facial expression changed. He looked at me with a glare before pushing me again, this time with more force.

I would have been fine if I hadn't tripped over one of my feet. It sent me toppling onto the ground. Jin held my forearm and tried to drag me up when he saw me falling but it was too late, he ended up being dragged down with me. I landed on my back and my chest was pressed against Jin's. He stared at my face that was only centimetres away before I said something.

"Can you get off?" I whispered but he continued to stare.
"Not this time." He whispered back and I felt my chest tighten. Everything went tense and then numb. He lowered his head until he could no longer look into my eyes and then...

He kissed me.

— the overwhelming desire to kiss (n)