Happy endings don't always work

I roll over to the other side of the bed groaning at the sound of Luke's loud snoring.

"Luke." I groan turning back to face him.

He doesn't move at all other than his chest rising and falling. I hit his chest with my palm and he still doesn't move at all. I repeat his name and prop myself up on my elbow looking down at his sleeping face. He's so peaceful and handsome, why do I have to go back home today?

I turn to get up but hands grip my waist and yank me back to Luke's chest.

"where do you think you're going, Little Missy?" he teases my ear and kisses my neck repeatedly.

"Baby, I gotta get home" I whine "Dad might be out of the hospital and if he's not then mom will be a wreck."

"Baby Doll, don't leave" He pleads as I turn over to face him.

"You have a sound check in three hours." I get up and pull my hair up. I watch him roll over to his back and pop his bottom lip out in a kind of pouting way. "Baby don't pout." I respond pecking his pouty lips. "love you" I pull my bag up on my shoulder and he stands up pulling me to his chest. Repeatedly he kisses my neck and slides my water bottle from my bag.

"Hey!" I shout trying to reach it as he raises it above his head. "Give me that!" I scream jumping up to get it.

" Oh this?" He waves it in front of my face. Trying to grab it but failing as I squeal as he runs to the window pouring it completely out onto the sidewalk below.

"What the hell!" I scream slapping his back repeatedly.

"You can't drink this much anymore, Lizzie!"

I pop out my hip and sigh. "Fine."

"Good girl" He pecks my lips and throws the bottle in the sink. "I'll call you tonight, Baby doll."

- few days later-

"Liz!" Mark screams running to me and wrapping his arms around my waist and spinning me in circles in the middle of the barn. "I've missed you" his lips get closer to mine and I immediately pull away.

"Save your kisses for my mom." I growl turning and going back to sweeping.

"Babe, that was a mistake!" He begs

"I'm not marrying you" I calmly state going back to the chores. 

"You don't have a choice!" He snaps grasping my arm. 

"Watch me." I pull out of his grasp and walk past him and walk down to the farm house.

The screen door slams behind me and the smell of my grandfather's cigar hits my face.

"Hey grandpa!" I chirp as I walk through his house to the living room. His feet are propped up on his footstool and the back of his worn out recliner is all the way back. Snoring fills the small space and I small giggle leaves my lips. The box TV plays a baseball game, as usual, and he jumps slightly.

"grandpa" I whisper shaking his shoulder slightly. His wrinkly blue eyes open and looks at me still in a daze,

"Hey girl!" He says sitting up quickly and pulling me into a hug. The smell of smoke still sticks to his clothes and makes my eyes water from the smell.

"Didn't Grandma tell you to stop smoking?" I fall onto the couch and prop my feet up on the coffee table.

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her." He belly laughs scratching his white beard. A slam comes from the front door and Grandma comes in holding paper grocery bags. Her gray hair is up in a bun on top of her head and a mint green apron is tied around her waist covering her long yellow skirt and white T-shirt.