Late Night Traveling

Isadora*
"I got a plan", I said as soon as we got into my rooms.
"I bet it's bad", Skylar said crossing her arms giving me a motherly look.
"It doesn't directly involve fire", I said.
"What is it?", Sky asked sitting down.
"We follow Raziel", I said.
"What?! Why in the world would we want to do that?", Sky exclaimed wide eyed.
"I'm bored. I want adventure. My dad was going to send me to finishing school tomorrow. I hate that idea", I replied as I moved to sit on the couch.
"Adventure is always fun. But why some stupid criminal?", Sky asked clearly warming up to the idea.
"Think. Raziel is clearly clueless as to why the human needs to get to the east in two weeks. We should tell him. And I want to go over the border", I said.
"We can go. Let's get ready. But what about your father?", Sky said standing.
"We give a few guards 2 weeks off. Have them say they took us to school early. And we tell them not to show their faces", I said standing and heading towards my room.
"Wow", Sky said as she followed me.
"What?" I asked wondering if I should be offended.
"You actually had a decent idea for once", Sky said moving towards her desk.
"Of course I did. I always have good ideas", I replied.
"Really?" Sky asked giving me a little glare.
"Well. When it doesn't involve fire it's more likely to work", I said grabbing a bag.
"That's pretty right. Except 99% of your plans involve fire. Even this one does", Sky said as she entered the change room and shut the door.
"Well like I said not directly. It helps if we use fire. But it's not needed", I half yelled so Sky could hear me through the door.
"We kinda need to use fire. When are we going to leave", Sky said coming out now in pants and a shirt.
"Dusk. Raziel only travels during day. It will give us time to catch up. One of us can sleep on their horse while the other leads it", I said.
"So we can travel without stopping for  longer", Sky said.
"Yeah once we catch up though we have to keep our distance. Until we are far enough away from the castle so he can't send us back", I said filling my bag with a couple outfits and spare boots.
"Yeah. Good ideas. What did you eat that suddenly you have good ideas?" Sky said packing a bag with similar things.
"Nothing. Let's go to the kitchens to get bread and dried beef", I said leaving my room.
"Ok. Make sure the chefs won't say anything", Sky said pulling on boots, "do we have to get just dried beef and bread?"
"Well do you want gray mush?" I said pausing partly down the corridor.
"No. I dump that on your plate", Sky replied a little guilty.
"Don't worry I dump what's on my plate onto Father's. He loves that stuff."
"Well in that case", Sky said.
"Yeah. And don't worry. It's beef sticks", I said with a grin. Before jogging through the corridors.
"Well. That does make it sound better..." Sky trailed off.
"Come on. We are wasting time", was all I said before speeding up to a run.

I quickly change from my dress from dinner. The guards already left. And I told my Father about leaving early. All I had to do now was wait for the sun to set. Sky entered my room quietly.
"Let's go", I said putting on my cloak.
"To the stables", Sky said grabbing her cloak.
When we got to the stables I tipped the stable boy so he would keep his mouth shut. Then I climbed up onto  back Prank's back. He was a beautiful gray and white Appaloosa that was the fastest in all of our territory. Skylar got up on to Fawn. Her favorite paint horse ever.
"All set?" I asked as I tighten my saddle bags.
"Yep", Sky replied. We pulled up our hoods and walked the horses to the gate. Since it was night they were closed and the guards were posted waiting to raise the gate for people leaving.   I bowed my head in farewell. Keeping my hood up to avoid recognition. They slowly rose the gate and once through I pushed Prank into a canter. As soon as the castle was out of site I moved up to a full out canter. I heard a laugh from behind as Sky brought Fawn to a canter. Soon I slowed down to walk. We were in no rush. We had all night.
"Ahhh. It feels so good to be away from responsibility", I said sliding in my saddle so I could lay and watch the stars.
"I know. It feels like freedom Iz. We should do this more often", Sky replied adjusting her seat.
"So I do have good ideas", I said eyeing her.
"Every ounce and awhile", she replied finally laying down.
"Hey, a broken clock is right twice a day", I replied with a smile.
"I'm going to sleep for awhile", Sky said. Then she Leaned down to whisper in Fawn's ear. I assume she told her to follow prank.
"Night", I said. Then I took a dagger out. Taking my bow off my back I sat criss cross and started carving. When I was working on my last one Father had found it and then threw it into the fireplace. I was upset, but soon started crafting a new one. Now all I had left to do was carve the finishing designs. Although I still practiced with it. After about 30 miles we came across a river. We stopped and let the horses have a break. After a quick snack we saddled up and started moving again.
"You can sleep now",Sky said staring at the stars.
"Ok", I said before settling in the saddle. Prank would follow. Soon I feel asleep to the sight of stars, the sound of horse hooves, and the feeling of a soft breeze.