Chapter 3: Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest

In my vocabulary, a miracle is getting up before noon without anyone or anything waking me up. I personally believed it would never happen to me, I have, like any other young adult, a relationship with my memory foam bed. Actually, I cannot even remember the last time I have woken up all on my own. So when I opened my eyes exactly ten a.m., I pretty much ended up screaming 'Its a miracle!'.I also did not know how or why but I was feeling so keyed up. Walking out of the shower with a smile is a miracle too. Two down, I don't know how many more.

So imagine the faces of your parents and siblings (it was a miracle too that they got up early) as you enter the kitchen who have known you all your life that this isn't normal, looks like. I can say that it was pretty priceless. Dang it. Should've brought my DSLR.

"Something must be wrong with the universe. My children got up early on their own." my father mumbled, resuming to read the paper. My mom smiled brightly at me, kissing the top of my head.

She set a plate of toast, bacon and eggs in front of me and my stomach snarled as the smell wafted through my nostrils.

"How was the wedding, Katherine?" Dad set aside his newspaper, mom settled down on the seat next to Cole.

I shrug with a smile. "Completely extravagant. A lot of the guests asked for my number if they ever needed a photographer."

Mom beamed at me and jumped up and down on her seat, clapping. "Oh, honey that's great!"

Cole, however, was banging his head on the table. Connor and Collin was almost dying in laughter. "Noooo. No. No. No! It's not great. I'll lose twenty dollars!" Cole whined.

I slip a snicker. Dad turned to Cole and gave him an impassive look. "If you had a job, you won't be whining about your twenty bucks."

He snorted and stabbed a bacon. "Dad, I told you. A job will come to me naturally. Do not break the laws of nature."

The rest of the morning passed quickly and before I knew it, it was past midday. I have been printing batch after batch of pictures as my brothers played on my Xbox. See, my parents doesn't gift or buy us any gaming consoles. They rather we go out and play volleyball in the beach or something. So, when I bought my own Xbox with some money I won from a contest, they had been hanging out in my room almost always. I pressed the print button for the last time and stretched. I was officially done. My phone rang and I looked at the caller I.D. I smirked.

"Missed me already?" My brothers paused the game they were playing and listened in.

"Nope. Not really." I could hear Eric's smile as he answered.

"Why did you call me then?"

"To ask you out." My eyebrows shot up in surprise, a grin spreading across my face.

"Mmm hmm." I murmur, putting the phone in between my ear and shoulder as I look through the photos. I settle on my copy of Eric's photo, smiling his blinding smile. I idly wondered how the camera didn't break.

"So, will you?"

I grinned wider. I think I'm gonna play with him for awhile... "Oh I don't know, Eric. You have to book me a month before you take me out...." I sit on my bed, Cole and the others had their eyebrows up, wondering who was I talking to.

"Maybe I can bribe you." Eric challenges.

"Sorry, I don't go out with monetary value as bribe."