Chapter 20

"So?" Leonard asked moving away from the bar and heading towards the stairs.

That was all he said.

There was no surprise, no shock, no nothing. Damon would have been okay with him asking who she was even though he knew Phoebe Reade was someone they would never forget.

But the indifference, that, he was not expecting. His father acted like there was nothing wrong with the sudden appearance of this woman after what she did. The pain she caused and the scars she left.

"Did you not hear what I just said?" Damon asked, his voice incredulous as he followed his father up the stairs. He was convinced that his father had misheard what he just said because that nonchalant attitude was not befitting of this situation.

"Phoebe Reade is back" he repeated, saying the words slowly and clearly. His father rolled his eyes and only spared him a glance before he continued on his way to his bedroom.

"Do you not understand the..." Damon was going to say but was cut off by his father. "I heard you the first time" he snapped, "but I still fail to understand why you feel so threatened by the sudden appearance of this woman."

Damon said nothing as he stared at his father for a whole minute. His anger bubbled inside him slowly turning to rage; a rage that was dying to surface and ready to be unleashed on his father. He clenched and unclenched his fists trying to rein in his temper.

"Why I feel so threatened?" he yelled blowing the lid off his temper. "She's back and she dropped off a little boy who she claims is my son and after what happened last time who knows what that psychotic bitch is up to?"

"You have a son?" Leonard asked halting his movements and staring at his son. It seemed like that was the only thing he heard. Damon sat on the bed running his hand through his hair. He only remembered the little boy he saw at his apartment now. The fact that he had a son with his psychotic ex-girlfriend just seemed to dawn on him.

"Yeah" he answered. "Are you sure he's yours?" Leonard asked sitting down next to his son. "I haven't even thought of that" Damon said looking deep in thought now. He really had not thought to question if the boy was really his. The little boy just looked about the same age as the last time he saw Phoebe.

"Leave it to me, I'll take care of everything" his father said, the same words he said six years ago after the accident.

*****

She was getting clingy now.

Now he understood why Noah made it a rule to never sleep with a virgin.

She was always texting him, always wanting to know where he was and wanting him to stay a little longer after they had sex.

He thought he had made it perfectly clear and that she understood that the only thing going on between them was just sex. After all she was the one who had come up with the idea, no strings attached. She was nothing but a booty call.

It was great for the first few weeks and it was a lot of fun but he was getting tired of all that. He was bored of her now and wanted to move on.

It was easy to tell that she had fallen in love with him but he had not. He was still Damon Knight, the famous heartthrob and heartbreaker and he does not do love. It was even a surprise that he had been with her for that long and he thought it was time he ended it.

But when he tried to break it off with her, he saw a totally different side of her.

She went...crazy.

That was the only word he could think of to describe her. She had started crying hysterically then began yelling, throwing things at him and almost clawed his eyes out. He barely made it out when she chucked a lamp at his head.

No girl had ever reacted that way to him breaking up with them. Yes, a lot of them cried and cursed him but none had tried to kill him.

The next day, Phoebe kept sending him messages apologizing for how she reacted and wanting to get back together. He never replied any of them but that didn't stop her. She literally followed him everywhere trying to convince him to get back together with her. She was at the club, at the library, at the frat house, literally everywhere.

Damon felt like she was stalking him.

A few weeks later, it seemed like she had finally gotten the message. The texts stopped and she wasn't everywhere anymore. It felt like a breath of some much needed fresh air for Damon.

*****

"You did it didn't you" Damon said getting into Phoebe's car glaring at her. It was more of a statement than a question; like there was no doubt that she was the one behind everything.

Phoebe's smile faltered a little as she stared at Damon with a look of confusion written all over her face. "What are you talking about?" she asked, her voice sounding equally confused and innocent.

"My girlfriend is in the hospital and I know you are behind it" Damon yelled in her face. At the sound of the words 'my girlfriend', Phoebe's smile immediately vanished and was replaced with a glare that turned her pretty features ugly.

"Your girlfriend?" she spat the word out like it was acid in her mouth. "I have no idea what happened to your girlfriend" she said turning away from him and starting the car.

When she received the text from Damon to meet up, she had been so excited and could not wait to meet with him. Her head was filled with thoughts of how he was going to confess his undying love for and how she would forgive him and they would spend the night having make up sex.

But now, she was fuming. All happy thoughts forgotten. Throughout the time that they were together, he had never once called her his girlfriend but he was able to refer to a girl he had only been dating for a week as his girlfriend.

"I'll tell you what happened to my girlfriend. She was nearly beaten to death with a baseball bat by a psychopath" he yelled hoping to get a reaction but she said nothing. All he got out of her was a wince as she kept driving.

"Stop the car" he yelled when he finally noticed that the car was moving. "Stop the fucking car" Damon yelled again when she ignored him but she kept driving.

"That bitch got what she deserved" Phoebe yelled all of a sudden. "You're mine and no one else's" she said, her foot unconsciously putting more pressure on the gas.

"I love you" she said softly, her eyes moving away from the road to stare at him. There were so many emotions swirling in her eyes as she stared but one thing was for sure. What she called love was most definitely not love. It was much more feral than that.

Damon openly gaped at her as she stared. The horror and fear was written all over his face. It was clear as day now.

Phoebe Reade was not in love with him but she was obsessed.

From the way she sounded, he could bet she had a wall covered in pictures of him. Pictures that he probably didn't even know existed.

"You're crazy" he whispered still gaping at her. "God, why didn't I realize that sooner" he whispered more to himself still openly gaping.

"Phoebe, stop the car right now" he said without yelling this time but his voice held authority. Phoebe only ignored him and went faster.

"Damon don't you get it?" she said sparing him a glance, "if I can't have you no one else can."

That was the last thing she said before she steered the car off the road and right into the woods.

*****

IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.