Chapter 19

The following day, Richard woke up early. He immediately checked on Maine. She's still asleep soundly. When he touched Maine's forehead, he felt that she's still a little bit hot. So he decided to get prepare some breakfast so he can feed her.

He went to the kitchen and cooked some breakfast and reheat the soup that his mother prepared. After an hour of cooking, he brought the tray of food to Maine's room. When he entered, he saw that Maine was getting off to bed.

"Hey, where are you going?" Richard asked with a concerned voice.

The look on Maine's face was a look of a five year old getting caught while eating chocolate before dinner. She immediately sit on her bed. "I—I'm going to get some water." She finished lamely.

"There's water beside your bed." He said pointedly. "Nicomaine, what are you up to?"

"Okay, I'm planning to take a bath and prepare for work." Maine said.

"Hah! You're not well enough to even stand. Let alone go to work." Richard chided.

"But, I'm feeling better now."

"I think I will be the judge of that. And mind you, you're supposed to rest for 1 week."

"What?!? No, that can't be."

"Well, you don't have any choice. My uncle told me to make sure that you rest for the week."

"Oh really. You're now using your influence."

"If it means that you will get well. I am more than gladly to do so." Richard said with a smile. "Now, just go back to that bed and eat some breakfast. I have prepared this myself."

Richard then placed the food tray on the bed and started to give Maine some water first.

Maine looked at the food that Richard prepared and said, "This is quite a lot. I can't eat all of these you know."

"I know. Who said that you will eat all of these? This is for the both of us. I'm quite hungry as well."

"Oh. Okay." Maine said. "Wait, where did you get these foods? I don't have any supplies here." She asked looking puzzled.

"Yeah I know. I asked my mom to send me some groceries last night."

"What?!? That's so embarrassing." Maine was now covering her face as it reddens.

"Hey, it's alright. My mom was more than willing to send some food. You know, my mom is somehow a hoarder. When she goes to the grocery."

"Let me pay for those. How much was it." Maine said as she reach for the side table to get her bag.

Richard immediately held her hand and stopped her from reaching out for her wallet. "You don't have to do that. That's alright. I'll take care of it."

"You've done so much for me already. Why are you doing this?"

"Because I want to, and I can. My mom even told me that this is the best opportunity for me to show you how important you are to me." He said staring directly at her.

Maine was so conscious with the way Richard is looking at her. She was also staring at him and seems like she can't take her eyes off him.

Richard then said, "Now, let's eat these. You still need to drink your meds again and get some rest."

"Okay." Maine said as she lets out her breath.

Richard again was feeding her some bread and she just let him do it. After breakfast, she tried to stand up as she wanted to go to the bathroom. Upon seeing her action, Richard immediately put the tray down and assisted her to stand up and walk towards the bathroom. "Do you want me to get you anything?"