Chapter 11

{{..I don't really know where I'm going with this story, uhm.. any ideas? xd}}

You and Levi'd stayed with Paps and Riley for about 3 days before heading back after saying goodbye.

"I'll be back Riley.. I promise. Just don't get yourself killed yeah? And protect Paps. You're all I have left, all we have left. I love you." You kiss the top of his head and pull him into a hug. You pull away and give your grandfather a hug before going into the carriage and leaning your head on Levi's shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss them.." You sigh.

"They'll be fine, they're both strong. But.. Since we have a few hours.." Levi sighs and turns to face you properly, causing you to shift from his shoulder and look him in the eye. "Explain. And don't leave anything out." He gestures at your arm and you look down.

"Must I?"

"Cleaning duties for 4 months." You roll your eyes, giving in.

"Fine.." You take a deep breath. "It started when I was six.. Before that, my mum would always walk me home from school, and she'd always make sure I was happy. She used to read me bedtime stories and tuck me in, you know, the 'normal' I guess. But my dad.. No. He was always busy in his study, or out 'working'. To this day I don't know why... But one night I was extremely tired and when I went into my bedroom to wait for my mother, I heard some shouting. It wasn't the first time, but it seemed.. The 'vibe' as some call it, was different. But I ignored it, and I closed my eyes, guessing that I might not get a bedtime story, and I fell asleep."

By this point in time, tears had made their way down your face. Levi simply stayed quiet but listened, never taking his eyes off you.

"But some time later I woke up to my mother stroking my hair."

Flashback  

{{The bold bits are bits that you're saying out loud, and the slanty bits are the bits in the flashback}}

"No no hunny, go to sleep again, I didn't mean to wake you." Shannon's voice was calm and warm, and a beautiful smile was on her face. Her eyes still sparkled too.

"Mama, why were you and papa fighting?" You whisper, still tired.

"She refused to tell me, so I merely shrugged it off, not thinking anything of it."

"Now go back to sleep sweetie, I love you." She leans down and kisses you on the forehead, tucking you in again and heading out of your room. She clicks off the light, and your sight adjusts quickly to the darkness to see her to stop at your door and look back, a stray tear tumbling down her cheek before she closes the door and returns to the lounge.

"As I start to fall asleep again, I hear small whimpers, and I instantly recognize the voice."

You crawl out of bed holding your toy monkey, Buttons, and open your door quietly. "Mama?" You mumble, heading over to the motionless body in the lounge. Your father is no where to be seen, and you see a pool of blood underneath her.

"Mama?!" You run to her side and kneel down, shaking her. "Mama! Wake up! Mama!" Your voice falters as you start crying quietly.

"Mama... why..." You cry softly into her linen dress, clutching it in one hand and your teddy in the other. You hear footsteps behind you and spin around to see your father, holding a knife and a damp tea-cloth stained red. Your eyes widen as he sets down the knife, realizing that he was the one that'd killed your mother, his own family.

"You should be asleep." His voice is deep, angry.

"That's when the abuse started. By the age of 11 I was self-harming and depressed, and by the age of 15 I'd almost .. committed suicide.. on more than one occasion. But the one thing that stopped me was my mother's last words..."

"Don't... Do... It..."

"Mama?"

"You'll understand.. What I ... Mean soon... Just wait... Hold on... And you'll... see..."

Flashback Ends

"I didn't find it fair that I had to wait, for god knows how long.. But I did, for her. I used to sneak out and go and see Paps from the age of 13, and he was the one that found out about my depression and self-harm. He was the one that got me to stop at the age of 15 once I found him again. He'd had to move on numerous occasions, but the last time he did, he didn't tell me where he'd gone. But one day when my father was in his study, a letter popped through the door addressed to me. '15-year old, (f/n)' was all that on the front, and by that point in time I'd thought about running away. So I packed some stuff and left, ripping open the letter some time after that after taking a break from running. That was when I went to find Paps, and yeah... I stopped for Riley, and he was the only reason I'd stopped. I had to be strong for him, and if he'd seen these.." You motion to your arm. "..back then, then god knows what could've happened. So yeah.. You now know my life story.. Also, that was the letter you saw. It's all I have left from my mother.."

Levi lifts your face up to his by your chin and wipes away the tears streaming down your face with his soft thumbs. "You left out one thing. Why'd you relapse?"

You sigh, attempting to look away, but Levi's grip on your chin preventing you from doing so.

"Riley. The thought of him joining the Survey Corps scared me, and I'm afraid of losing him.. And then the urge came back.. And I just.. I..." You break down in a flood of tears and bury your face in Levi's chest with your arms wrapped around his waist. He draws patterns on your back and kisses your head, already starting to calm you with his warm embrace.

"You're like magic.." You mutter. He smirks and pulls you up for a kiss, pressing his lips to yours.

"Princess, I am magic." He pulls you onto his lap and wraps his arms around you as you cuddle into him, falling asleep.

"But I'm your magic."

{{Remember to comment below ideas of where this could go! :) Hope you're enjoying.. If you are then you know the drill, and thank you ^-^ Until next time I guess, reader-chans - STAY FABULOUS! :3 <33}}