Chapter 37 - A Day Gone By

Ellie POV

That night I just couldn't sleep so I went downstairs seeing a little mother and son bond between Auntie Kye and Riley, I smiled at that hoping to see that with both my sons.

"Ellie?" "I can't sleep..." I sighed sitting down on the couch. ""How about a distraction huh guys?" "Like what?" "Have you got everything set up for the baby?" My eyes suddenly widen. "Oh my god we've been so distracted, I forgot..." "Don't you worry, Riley can do the heavy lifting whilst we go shopping!" "Riley doing what now?" "Shut it boy you listen to your mother" he put his hands up. "Alright, jeez"

"Right, first off, do we have a spare room?" "My old room? I don't know if Elliot uses it for anything but it's opposite to mine and Ramonds, if we move my stuff into Ramond room then it should be pretty empty" "Right Riley that's your task, Ellie and I are going baby shopping" she hooked my arm with hers dragging me out.

Ramond POV

"Stop running Lorenzo!" I tried grabbing him. "You think you're so smart don't you Ramond? You're wrong because as your men are attacking I can easily run to the pack and kill every female there, how would your men take that? That you left your pack vulnerable. It would be your fault seeing them dead especially your precious Ellie when I take a nice bite out of her" he licked his lips.

I lost control charging at him. He dodged my fist punching me instead knocking my head to the side. I looked back to him growling. He ran making me chase after him when Vincent tackled him down with his hands on his throat.

Lorenzo managed to kick him off as I went to grab him something exploded knocking me down and some of us flying. I groaned out sitting up slowly when something whacked me across my skull.

It was Wesley, he had a branch raised to hit me. I raised my arms up waiting for the impact but it never came. Clint knocked him down. Alpha Daniel helped me up. "You alright?" He asked. "Yeah"

"You sure you're alright?" Alpha Edward asked me. "Yeah" I hissed in pain touching my head. "We did it, but Lorenzo escaped" "And Wesley?" "Dead" Clint growled walking over "Good"

Ellie POV

After hours of shopping, I came to check on Riley when I gasped. He organised the empty room and painted it. "Riley..." "I thought it needed to be done now you just got to add the baby equipment" I pulled him into a tight hug. "Thank you so much" "You're welcome"

"Ellie they're back!" My eyes lit up as I waddled fastly. I made it outside seeing all the women run to their mates. I saw Ramond. My smile dropped seeing the side of his head.

"Oh my god, what happened? Are you alright?! Jesus Ramond what the hell hap-" "Hey! Ellie, Ellie! I'm fine. I'm ok-" I smashed my lips on to his cupping his cheeks as he instantly kissed back

It felt so right, although it was only half a day, I missed him like crazy and I was so damn worried! We slowly pulled away

It felt so right, although it was only half a day, I missed him like crazy and I was so damn worried! We slowly pulled away. He smiled at that.

"I might like to get ambushed more often

"I might like to get ambushed more often. If that's what I get from you"

 If that's what I get from you"

I couldn't help but smile. "Shut up, what happened?" "Spotted us coming pretty much surprised attacked us too, we got everyone but Lorenzo. Don't worry he's all alone now"

I still felt a little better knowing Lorenzo doesn't have an army. "What do we do now?" "Well... sex is out of the picture" I immediately regretted hitting his chest with his armour on as I held it to my chest whimpering biting my lips to hold the pain back.

I can see Ramond holding his laugh back. "Even when I pop our pups out you're still not getting it" "C'mon we've only done it twice" "I've- ""Doesn't count" "Hey the quickie in the bathroom got me here mister" I pointed to my swollen stomach. "Yeah but I think it looks very hot on you" he smirked placing his hands on it.

"Oh, I started on the baby room" "Is that so?" He leaned in closer ready to kiss me. "C'mon!" I'll show you avoiding the kiss as I grabbed his hand pulling him with me.

"Ellie" he groaned taking a nice walk up the stairs to our floor. I stopped outside the door. "Riley did it" "He did?" He frowned as he opened it.

His eyes immediately widen open. "What do you think?" I bit my lips. He smiled lookin towards me. "I love it" he pulled me into a kiss, I wrapped my arms around him kissing back.

Suddenly we saw a flash and a sound of a click making us pull away to see what the hell that was. Elliot had the camera in his hands as Dad rolled his eyes snatching it off him. "I said no flash"

I waddled over hugging them both. "You're both okay" I smiled but it dropped seeing my father neck. "What..." "I chased after him, bit a chunk of my neck out but I'm okay it's healing!" I pulled him into a hug again. "As long as you're safe my little baby wolf, I have nothing to worry about." He whispered. I smiled at that looking at him.