Chapter 8- I Soon Fell Asleep

(AUDRIANA’S POV)

It had been a month since I found out that my Chris was the famous Chris Brown that all the younger and older girls were in love with. I spent the whole month he was away searching up his music trying to find out what made him so magnificent to millions of people. I had to admit he had an amazing voice and all of his songs were great. Every night he called me I tried my best not to ask him all of the questions I wanted to ask him. It was like there was a whole side of him I didn’t know. But, today I would talk to him; because today was the day he was coming back to Atlanta to see me.

I was at my house pacing back and forth in front of the door anxious as hell waiting for him to ring the doorbell. But, I was anxious for two reasons. One: I hadn’t seen him in so long and I don’t know if anything might’ve changed in that long month and Two: My mom was out and she said she would be back around eleven. I looked at the clock- it was 10:49. I continued pacing.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and I fixed my hair and made sure I looked okay before I opened the door.

“Hey,” I said looking at him.

He hugged me, “Hey babe. I’m sorry I’m late. My plane didn’t land on time.”

“Oh it’s okay,” I replied.

He looked at me from top to bottom, “You look really different.”

While he was gone, I cut my hair and added red highlights to it.

“You look different too,” I told him.

I noticed he died his hair from blonde to black and shaved his beard. He looked so much cuter.

“Yeah can I come in?” he asked.

I knew if he came in then he would be staying a long time; I couldn’t risk getting caught.

“Uh…how about we go to your place?” I said trying to convince him to take me anywhere but here.

“Alright, if that’s what you want.”

We got in his car and drove the twenty minutes to his house. The whole way there we told each other how much we missed each other and the few things we were able to share about our personal lives. I knew I couldn’t tell him about what was going on in school and stuff and I knew he didn’t want to tell me about his music career and all the stuff he’s really been doing.

We finally reached his house, and when he opened the door, the place looked a little different, but I couldn’t figure out what it was. I sat on the couch and turned on the radio with the remote. He went into the kitchen and got us some drinks.

“So how was Cali?” I yelled to him.

He came back out with two glasses and a bottle of wine.

“It was great, but I was working non-stop. I’m just glad I’m here to finally relax with my babe,” he smiled and kissed me before sitting down beside me.

“Aww,” I smiled. “So are you finally going to tell me what you do? You left me thinking you were a drug dealer.”

I was hoping he would finally tell me, but of course I already knew.

“Well, I’m an artist,” he said while pouring a glass and handing it to me.

“What kind of artist?” I took a sip of wine.

“One that can draw…what other kind of artist is there?”

I looked at him, “Look, I know you’re a singer.”

“How did you know,” he asked.

“Let’s just say I have friends that are real…fans of you,” I said.