Chapter 3: FRIENDZONED

The party was winding down, and we was all at the table chilling, I saw Jay keep staring at me for a minute, it was cute but I wondered why. He then got up, came over and whispered in my ear.

I nodded getting up, adjusting my blouse. "Aye, I'll be back, going to holla at Hov for a minute see what's up" I said letting Kidada, Natane and them know. They looked at me sideways, like whhaa? "Mm okay, you little fast thang" Kidada said. I shoved her...

"That was my drink.." she shouted, "Oops" I said sarcastically sticking my tongue out at her, and I headed with jay.

Damon was tilting his head and drinking his bottle as he saw me and Jay leave, what was up with these two? I hope they ain't competing for me...

Jay finally got me alone, to be honest I wasn't expecting what he was gone say that it had to be privately. So, I just ran with it..."Sup Jay, you aight?" I asked him rubbing his arm, he sighed and then looked up, then back at me.

"Yeh ma I'm good, I just... you know, I have feelings for you and all. Been just something I wanted to get out of my chest." He paused then looked away, "Um okay, What's up J?" I asked trying to understand.

"Look Aaliyah, I'm trying to see if want to be my girl that's all, I like you and the whole 9, we have fun together, you're a beautiful talented young thing, I know together we can dominate this fucking industry since you sing, I rap...it's just been on my mind that's all..." he said sweetly and shyly.

This was a side of Jay that I never really seen much, I knew he was a great guy but this was heavy on my heart, how he felt such way for me. I looked down and thought heavy about this, I mean Jay is a wonderful man, and he was fun, but there's something about him I don't find myself fully attracted to him, he was missing something.

And no people it wasn't looks, I thought Jay was quite handsome, but it's just something he lacked that I needed and I just couldn't do it.

I sighed and grabbed his arm. "Jay, you my guy, and I'm too flattered you feel that way about me, honestly...but...that's all I see you as one of my best friends, a homie, and big brother, I don't find myself into you "like that" baby."

I seen his head tilt down, like he felt defeated, and it really hurt me. I gently touched his face, bringing it back up.

"Jay baby, please, don't be upset, because then I will be. The last thing I want to do is hurt you." I said emotionally. I hated I had to hurt his feelings.

He nodded his head, rubbing his nose and sighed. "It's all good Aaliyah, I like that you're honest and not faking it like most females, I love you anyway baby" he said throwing me into a huge hug.

I hugged him back and felt myself wanting to tear up, cause I hated turning a good guy down, but I just couldn't see myself fully with him on that level.

He respected my decision, which made me sigh a relief, even though I'm sure he still felt some way. We walked back to where every one else was, he had his arm around my neck. And I gripped his hand that was over it.

Damon was on the other side very skeptical bout what went on between me and Jay...it was so awkward, the vibe. But me and Jay worked it out, and I don't ever want to lose him as a close friend, I'd be heartbroken. We have history.

A hour later, we all decided to up and leave go back to our hotels, I said goodbye to a lot of folks, and gave huge hugs to my big head fools Jay and Damon, before going back to my girls. They had a concert in the morning...

Jay POV

Me and Dame went back to our hotel, we was in our SUV and he noticed I was looking like I seen a ghost, since I wasn't talking while he and the rest of the boys joked around.