Chapter 7 (not edited)

After heading to Luke's place, which was two streets away from mine, we ended up talking about random shit and just technically catching up on life. We spoke about nearly everything that came to our minds and spoke about some of the memories that we had together - the sad moments along with the silly moments. It felt comforting to have him back even though i thought i had hated him for a really long time. I didn't usually get this attention at home, even when Rachel was around. We would always have to check up on mom or even lower our voices just in case she was listening. Sometimes i would decline Rache because i didn't want her to see what state i was in. Stupid, i know, but you have to understand that my mom is ruined and what happens in the house and how it looks reflects how ruined she is.

"Zee, it's getting late. I think you should go home," Luke's voice said, bringing me out of my trance as i lay on his comfy couch. I don't know how he afforded it, but his couch felt like heaven!

I groaned at him, "can't i stay for tonight? Please!" I begged as he tried lifting me up.
"No, you have school tomorrow and it's already-" he paused to look at his watch then looked at me again, "-9:45. I promise you can come over during the weekend. Remember there is just two more days left. And you still need to finish that art project of yours that you never handed in." I closed my eyes, mumbling 'shit' as he let go. My eyes snapped open and i jumped of the couch.
"Thank gosh you reminded me! How did you know about it though?" I slipped on my shoes and ran towards the door, opening it as fast as i did closing it. "Why does it have to be so cold?" I murmured to myself.

I walked up to Luke with a smile on my face, hugging him tightly as he hugged me back.
"Thanks for today, i had a great time." I mumbled into his shirt as my face was squished there.
"Me too."

We stood there for about five more minutes before he let go of me. "Right," he breathed out. "Let's get you home!"

"I can walk home, it's only two streets away." I stated walking towards the door. Luke shook his head vigorously and spoke up.
"I don't care if you live close, i am not letting you walk around at this time of night, you must be insane!" "Learnt it from the best," i chuckled, earning a light slap on my arm.
"Cheeky! You wait right here, I'm going to find you a jacket." He chuckled, walking towards his bedroom while i waited at the door.

I missed him so much, you know? And to think he had died made my life a misery. I cant believe i didn't know it was him and that he and i had been around each other for years. It's actually scary how much he has grown up into a handsome man. Yes, don't judge! I have the right to say that about my brother!

"You ready to go?" Luke asked, handing me a grey Billabong jacket of his. I hummed as i put the jacket on, sinking into it the moment i zipped it up. Why is everything of his so comfy?
"Because I'm awesome!" Luke laughed, his at keys jingling in his hands as he opened the door.
"Was i thinking out loud?" I asked after luke locked the house door and walked me towards his car, pushing me in and getting in on the other side. "I suppose you could say that. Buckle up," i did as he said, him doing the same.

His engine roared to life and we hit the road. We didn't say anything during the car ride as there was nothing to say. So we sat there in a comfortable silence, me only giving directions when i had too. He pulled up in my drive way, not saying anything. I didn't want to go inside, i didn't want mom to shout at me, neither did i want to take care of her. I was sick of it. I don't want to take it anymore.
I felt Luke moving his hand to my face as he wiped rears away that i didn't even know i let go of. "Hey, don't cry, it's okay. I'm not going to leave you, alright? I promise that i will never leave you again. Just please don't cry Zee," Luke said softly, but let me go as he unbuckled both him and myself, pulling me into a hug. I let out a straggled sob, grabbing onto his shirt as i wailed into the crook of his neck. It didn't seem as though he cared that he would end up with a wet and snotty shirt when i left, and i am glad for that. He rubbed my back as he comforted me, shushing me as i kept crying louder.

"I missed you so much, y-you know? P-p-please don't ever l-leave me, i love you too m-m-much to ever let y-you go!"
I cried out. He never did let me go but he did stop rubbing my back. I thought was going to push me away in disgust, but he only hugged me tighter. "I love you too, i promise with my life i will never let you go, okay?" I nodded my head as he rubbed my back again, pulling away to wipe my tears away.

"Tell you what, i will pick you up for school tomorrow and probably everyday after that." He chuckled, making me smile. "There you go! Be ready by 7 o'clock, okay?" "Okay," i smiled widely at him when a thought came to me. "Should i tell mom?" Luke froze then looked at me.
"Maybe we should give it time first." He nodded his head then turned to me, "7 sharp, i will see you tomorrow!" I smiled and hesitantly leaned forward to kiss Luke's cheek.

"Bye!" I opened the door, grabbing my bags and walked to the house, dreading what came next.

"Where were you?"
I froze in my place as i saw my mom on the couch with Ms. Dugley next to her on the couch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise!

I missed you all so much! How are you all doing?
I just want to thank you all for the 350 reads, it might not seem much, but it is the world to me!!!

I just want to thank those who are still going to read this, and i just love you all even if we don't interact which i would love you all to do because i was wondering if we could do a q&a...

What do you guys think?

Lyg
-Tiffxx