The Ascending

He was true to his word, just not as fast as you would have liked. It took almost a month. Between him procrastinating and just not doing anything productive, he seemed to hate the thought of your leaving him. He really was starting to fall for you and that made you more nervous than anything. Sometimes he's be very distant and other days, he was attached to your hips. But every meal he showed up and you talked. And every meal, you regretted tricking him even more. Perhaps you'd made a mistake in telling him he could come. It dominated your thoughts and you tried every way to get him to change his mind. Of course, it did nothing, but you tried. 

"Gather the things you want to take. Tomorrow we're leaving," he said one night when he was curled up next to you. You didn't like it, but it made him comfortable and heightened your chance of him leaving you once he saw you with Gabriel. You smiled and hopped off the bed to gather the few things you wanted to take. In the time that you'd been with him and describing the things you needed the most, he had made them appear. But you had those things at home, so you only took a picture of him and you that he'd taken one day around the kitchen and the iPod he'd given you. "Excited, aren't you?" he asked. You nodded and wrapped them in a blanket from the bed, then shoved them into a bag. Thinking twice, you added the porcelain cat. "I really can't thank you enough. The boys, I've missed them so much. They will like you once they get used to you. That might take a while, though," you told him, tying the shoes to your feet. "I said tomorrow, but we can go today if we must," said Lucifer in a somber voice. You sighed and went to hug him. "I really don't know why everyone hates you. You're not that bad, y'know," you said happily. He smiled sadly down at you and you felt the feeling of being ripped apart and put back together again.

You stumbled into someone and quickly said, "Oh, I'm so sorry." You turned around, but Lucifer wasn't there. But everything was so familiar. That couch, this wallpaper, the kitchen doors that slid in, the stack of books piled up on a rickety old desk mixed with empty bottles of liquor. The sound of a blade unsheathing made you turn and it hit you. "Bobby's house," you mumbled. A familiar face was staring you in the face and you smiled. "Dean!" you exclaimed. You moved closer to him, but he backed up and shouted, "SAM! BOBBY!" Realization came over you. "Dean, it's me, I swear," you said, holding your hands up. "(Y/n) has been dead almost a year," he growled. His voice was close to breaking and you both knew it. The sound of rampant footsteps getting closer made you tense automatically. Sam and Bobby came hurtling around the corner. 

"What is it, boy?" said Bobby, trailing off when he saw you. "It's me," you repeated. This time, Sam came over and twisted your arms behind your head as Dean got closer and put the blade close to your neck. "Dean, Sammy, calm down. I'm not a shifter," you said calmly. "Then you're a revenant!" shouted Dean. "Then cut my arm. Just... not my neck again. I don't want to go back yet," you begged. He looked at Sam, then took one arm from his brother and sliced the side of the blade across your forearm. It let out red blood. They relaxed, but Bobby splashed holy water on your face. You spluttered, but it was just water to you. Nobody moved for a moment. Then Sam turned you around and hugged you so hard, you couldn't breathe. "(Y/n)," he laughed. Dean pried you from his brother's arms and spun you around. His hand were bound to leave bruises from how tight he was gripping you, but you wanted it that way. He let out a strangled chuckle and kissed your forehead hard. You breathed in his scent and let go of the bag you were carrying. You folded out of his grip and hugged Bobby. "It's good to see you, girl," he said in a breathy voice. You giggled and let go.

 "Where's John?" you asked. They looked at each other before Sam said, "We don't know. He took off pretty soon after we watched that guy kill you. Dean killed him. He looked pretty sick, anyways. Like he never went outside. Practically an albino."  Your eyes widened. "Silver eyes and hair, pale skin, thin lips, angular cheekbones, rather Benedict Cumberbatch looking?"you rattled off. "You knew him?" asked Sam, obviously surprised. 

"Oh, Jem, I trusted you."