Chapter One: Genesis

We've been in the apocalypse for 6 days now and it is getting harder by the day. We have enough food and water to last us for a month, two months if we starve ourselves for some days in the week but that's risky. The people in our family include:
Me, My Dad Jackson, My Mom Jasmine, My Sister Clara, My Uncle Harrison and My Dog Samantha.
I have to dedicate everything to keep my family alive. I've lost friends, I've lost relatives. I can't loose them.

Whilst eating lunch, we were talking about life and my work when suddenly. BANG!!!!! We knew it could only be one thing. Z's! I got everyone to the bunker and grabbed a knife. I opened the hatch on the door and thrusted the sharp melee weapon into the biters rotten face. I closed the hatch and heard my little sister say "Thank you God"
I muttered to myself "Pffff. There's no God. If  the 'all mighty God' was real then why would he put us in this mess?"
CLICK!!! The 58inch television was turned on and there was a horrible sight. "Breaking News: Deadly Virus Airborne In All Countries!" and "We Are All Doomed!" All kinds of messages about the virus were on every news channel.
I dropped to the floor in anger. "I thought the virus was only in D.C but now...... Everyone's in danger because of me." I stuttered to my family. "It's not your fault. You were just doing your job for those selfish brats who work for the government." Said my Dad in a soft but alarmed tone. I knew he was right and calmed down. We all decided it was time to go to sleep so I fed Sam, turned off all the lights and went to sleep.

"Can an...ybod...y here m...e?" There was a Scottish voice on the radio. There were other survivors in Washington!!! We turned on the radio and tuned into the right frequency to speak with this mysterious male.
"Yes. Hello?"
"Ahh finally someone!"
"Who is this?"
"The names John Smith. Who are you??"
"I'm Nate McCain"
"The scientist?"
"Yes."
"Ok. Meet me on the roof of Walmart at 6pm tonight. We need to talk."
"Ok. I will be there"

I couldn't believe it. There was actually other people! But I was confused. Why would it be that simple? "Ok. Meet me on the roof of Walmart at 6pm tonight. We need to talk. " I have to be careful what I tell him because he could put my family's life in danger. I am planning were to go and what route to take so I'm not attacked.
"What about the roof?" Questioned my mom.
"That's an excellent idea. I will be safe from the Z's then and it will take me straight to the roof of Walmart. Thanks mom!"

As I'm getting prepared to leave Samantha started to cry.
"Don't worry Sam, I'll be back." I told her stroking her.
I grabbed my silver Python pistol and left the house from the roof. "It was a good choice going from the roof because I wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes in the streets." I told myself as I looked down upon the horde of flesh eaters.

Cautiously, I jumped from roof to roof trying not to fall. I finally got close to where we were meeting and reloaded my gun, I have to be safe. He could be anyone. Dangerous or not I have to be safe.
When I climb on top of Walmart I see a dark but obvious figure. It was John Smith.
"Hello, John? It's me."
Suddenly, he pulled his gun on me and threatened to kill me.....