Chapter 6

Aly squealed and pulled me into a tight hug. I felt tears start to prick my eyes. I can't believe I'm hugging my best friend. Finally. When we let go I turned around to face Dalton. He was smiling. "Did- Did you plan this?" I asked. He shrugged. "I mean, yeah kinda. I knew you wanted her to be here and.. yeah." He said awkwardly. I smiled and ran to hug him. I whispered, "Thank you so much Dalton. Best present ever. Seriously." I felt him tighten the hug and reply back "Any time." I reached on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. I pulled away and led Aly away to the party, both of us giggling. 

*Dalton's POV*

I watched her walk away and put my hand to my cheek. I shook my head, smiling. "HEY DALTON COME INSIDE MAN THERE'S A KEG! WE BOUT TO GET TURNT UP!" Of course Clayton would get a keg. I shook my head again and walked towards him, knowing we'd regret this in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Woo squiggly lines~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ashlee's POV*

I woke to sunlight spilling in through the window. Groaning, I rolled over to check the time. 10:29. A pounding in my head reminded me of my birthday. Damn Brady and Clayton for bringing alcohol. Definitely need some coffee. I slipped on some sweats and my shoes, and walked down to the living room. I turn the corner to see Aly snuggled up with Clayton on the air mattress.

I smiled to myself and pulled out my phone to take a picture. I grabbed my keys off the counter, where I most likely drunkenly threw them the night before. I hopped in my car and drove down to Starbucks. 

I walked in to the rich aroma of coffee and breathed deeply. My favorite. I walked up to the girl working the counter. She smiled brightly and cheerfully asked what she could help me with. Someone had a major cup of espresso  this morning.

"Hi um, three venti coffees, black,  and those 4 muffins in the case." She nodded and glanced behind me smiling even wider. "Sheesh. Somone's got a big appetite." I jumped, turning around and seeing Dalton. "Jesus frick, Wixom. You scared me!" I replied laughing. 

"Oops." he says. I shake my head. The barista hands me my tray of drinks and my bag of muffins. I wait for Dalton to finish ordering and I walk with him to the door. "So, um thanks again for bringing Aly down here. You have no idea how long I've waited to meet her." I said. He stopped and looked at me, grabbing my hand. "It was no problem at all, I'd want someone to do that for me." I smile and hug him with my free arm. 

He smells really good I think to myself. I sigh and pull away. "I'd better get these coffees to Aly and Clayton, it seems like they had a long night." I say pulling up the picture of them on my phone. He raises his eyebrow and chuckles.  "Bye Dalton." I say waving. He waves back and hesitates for a moment. I look at him questioningly.

"Do you wana go to the movies later?" He finally asks. I smile, oh did I ever. "Yeah that sounds great actually." He smiled and we said goodbye again.