Chapter 11

"How can you be his mate?! You're human...aren't you?" I look at him with suspicion. We're in the kitchen and I'm sitting on the counter while Jared paces the floor. 

"Shut up, you know I am." He frowns at me.

"The wolf is clearly lying so we can release him. It must be an act. Werewolves can't be mated with humans, can they?"

I've never heard of it before, but I've never been in so deep with werewolves before, maybe they can?  

"Maybe, but for now lets just assume he's lying. Besides it should make no difference to you cause you're human, right?" 

He deadpans and I pretend to accept it. As I walk out I quickly take my silver knife and press the flat side on his skin. He does a harder deadpan, if that is even possible.

"Hey, I'm just being a good hunter, kay?"

"Yeah, whatever... I've been doing some research and I can't find a lot on Human/ Werewolf mates, but when two werewolves are mates sparks fly and they have this incredible link to each other. It is rather romantic really."

"I didn't peg you as the hopeless romantic type." I say with a smirk.

He glares at me and I laugh.

"Okay, just don't let him out of his cage for any reason. We wouldn't want him to escape cause you're mr. google eyes."

"Let's get back on track with the mission please. Blake told me about a couple other werewolves who are plotting against their Alpha. I say, let's do what we're here for and go hunting."

"Sounds like a plan, but first, a bubble bath!"

_______________________________________________________________________________

It's almost dark and I've just finished my bath. 

I decide to wear a skin tight suit like the black widow wears, but I wear a dust mask over my mouth and nose to hide my face and I add dramatic winged eyeliner to make me more unrecognisable. I also wear a pair of black sneakers, as I am a realistic person and not like those tv characters that can fight crime in heals, like what even is that.

Downstairs I find Jared watching, 'Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale' while in his full assassin outfit (which is just the masculine version of mine). I cannot contain my laughter. 

He looks at me with horror and quickly tries to change the channel. He's blushing and his arms are folded over his chest.

" Can we just go?"

"Are you sure you don't want to finish the movie first?" I muster out, hardly being able to speak as I laugh.

"It was the only good thing on, you took so long."

"Hey! I have nothing against the film, it's good. It just doesn't fit your whole image."

It takes me a while to stop laughing, but when I do finally stop. We head out.

________________________________________________________________________________

We start running through the forrest until we get to the pack borders. We drank wolfsbane tea beforehand , so our sent is disguised and touching us would sting wolves. This gives us a bit of an advantage.

We enter the pack borders and make our way to the pack houses, we head straight for number 22. According to Blake this is where they got their order to take me out.

The lights are on so we hide outside next to the window frame. Inside, some sort of meeting is taking place. A big hairy man is giving a speech.

"I am glad you could all make it, as you all know we are here to talk about Alpha Luke. He has recently befriended a human. This is just the newest addition to all the mistakes he makes. Compared to all the things he is exposing our pack to this is not much, but just proves that he is a human sympathiser. He has already set in a rule that the warrior children must attend school, something that is highly unnecessary for our kind and a waste of time when they should be training. We might be the biggest pack in America, but the way he is heading we might not be the strongest for much longer. His reign is going to cause the death of us all. We need someone to step up and take him down, before he causes our downfall. I will be honoured to be the one to save us. Who is with me?" 

Ah this is worse than I thought. There are about twenty people here. Not enough to take down the rest of the pack, there are still many that are loyal to their Alpha, hopefully. But these conspirators could still perhaps assassinate Luke. Clearly he is very trusting of his pack. It wouldn't be hard. I need to warn him.

 For the mission of course.

I look around to see if I recognise anyone. And to my surprise (not) I see Clara, smiling next to the man who is the leader. I knew she was evil. 

Most of them has left . I turn to tell Jared that we should leave but he is right behind me and  loses balance when I turn around. He falls right into a bush and this makes a loud rustling sound, causing Clara to turn her head toward the window. I duck but hear her say; "I'll go check it out daddy."

Oh Shit. I point toward the roof and signal for Jared to climb up, I give him a boost but there is not enough time for me to get up there so I ready myself.

I take out my gun and turn around just in time to have it pointing at Clara's head.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! hope you like it! 

Please comment and vote!