Lance) High School AU

"So, (Y/n)." Your friend walks up to your locker between second and third period.

"No, (f/n). You can't copy my calculus homework." You say, putting books into your locker.

"But-"

"Or my chemistry homework." You put your afternoon books into your backpack.

"That's not what I was going to ask, geez." Your friend closes your locker door and starts walking with you towards your guy's third period.

"What, then?" You smile and put your backpack over your shoulder.

"Did you see the new guy?" She asks you excitedly. Her cheeks get pink, showing that the new boy was cute.

"No, I didn't." You explain. "Why?"

"Because girl, he's really cute and totally your type." She dodges a freshman and flicks her hair back in place.

"You know I can't date right now. Not with finals coming up." You open the door to their period as the final bell rings.

"You have to see him first to be able to say no." She punches your arm and goes toward her seat in the front while you head towards yours in the back.

You look up as you sit down to find the seat in front of you no longer occupied. Then you remember that Ben moved last week, which was a shame because he was very cute and had great hair.

"We should have a new student today." Your teacher says squinting at her laptop.

The door opens quickly and let's out a loud squeal. The whole class flinches and you close your hands over your ears.

"Sorry about that." A boy walks in, his voice is muffled by your hands. You remove them and stare at him.

"No, problem...Lance." Your teacher pauses to check her laptop again. "You can take the empty seat in front of (y/n)."

He turns around and makes eye contact with you, his mouth turns up in a smile. He was cute.

This Lance was a skinny, tall, Latino boy with blue eyes and a cute pilot's  jacket.

As he's about to sit down, he trips on the seat in front of his and his shoes squeak as he catches himself.

But he sits down and turns around to look at you with a huge smile, as if nothing happened.

"Hi, names Lance." He gives a sideways smile and winks his left eye.

You giggle, "As I heard. I'm (y/n)."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady." He exclaims to your delight.

You smile and look towards your friend whose watching and giving you a thumbs up.

"So, how about we get ice cream after school today?" He looks toward your lips.

"Um, we don't have an ice cream parlor around here." You laugh quietly.

"Oh." The smile disappears and he looks flustered for a second before coming to his senses. "How about ice cream at my house?"

"Are you asking me over?" You lean forward.

"Maybe." He breathes out. "Maybe I can show you my lion."

"Hey, Lance turn around." Your teacher says.

"No problem." He yells back, but continues to look at you. Man, was he cute and flirtatious. No one had ever flirted with you quite like this.

Maybe your friend was right.