Chapter5: Critical Grilling

ChapterFive-Critical Grilling 

June 5th, 2005

 It's now June. So far, the rehearsals for the New England's Teen Superstar tour has gone smoothly. Now it's the day before UTurn hit the recording studio to start recording their debut album.

 The members were in the living room. They were told by Andrew to be there by Alyson.

 Amanda said in an irritated tone, "So, why are we waiting for Alyson?"

 Andrew said, "You'll see."

 Just then, Alyson came into the room, holding a few CD cases.

 Amanda asked, "Bauer, why are we here?"

 Alyson beamed, "Since we're gonna start recording our debut album, we're gonna be listening to S Club 8, the best pop band Britain has ever had."

 Ethan asked Justin, "Justin, are you okay with this statement?"

 He replied, "Yeah, I'm fine with it. They're actually pretty good. Too bad they ended so soon."

 Amanda said to Alyson, "If I'm gonna hear more gushing on this Brennan or whatever his name is, I'm gonna punch you."

 Alyson said in an irritated tone, "It's Brandon! And I love him! He's the hottest guy ever. Along with Calvin, who's also hot. And my Andrew. He, too, is hot, and sweet, and everything I could want in a boy!"

 Amanda asked, "You're dating 3 guys?"

 Bailey said, "It's called 'fangirling'. Besides, who can deny that Brandon and Calvin are hot?"

 Stacie gushed, "Like, OMG, have you seen Calvin shirtless?"

 And with that, Alyson, Bailey, and Stacie starting squealing about the S Club 8 boys. Riley, feeling left out because she doesn't know who S Club 8, decided to chime in, "I like Justin Timberlake."

 Then the girls starting including Riley. The boys and Amanda were just weirded out. Suddenly, the girls stopped talking once Alyson faced Amanda.

 Alyson taunted, "What boys do you like? Some unknown emo?"

 Stacie laughed, while Bailey stifled her laugh.

 Amanda replied smugly, "Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy."

 "Who?"

 "Exactly."

 Alyson was stunned for a while, then she spoke up, happily, "Anyway! We're gonna be listening to S Club 8's second CD, Sundown, cuz our debut album will sound like this CD. Plus, we get to listen to Calvin and Brandon!"

 Amanda then said, "I'm curious. I've never seen this so-called 'band' in stores. Did they release their stuff here in America?"

 "Unfortunately, they never came here. The closest thing we had to S Club 8 was the American Juniors. These CDs were released only in Britain, and they're very expensive to buy imported. One of them cost $45! So I got these CDs as Christmas presents."

 Amanda then said suspiciously, "Really? I thought you were rich."

 "I am, but my parents don't approve of me listening to non-Christian pop. They don't even like me staring at Brandon."

 "I heard you were Christian, but you're also a Jew. Now, I'm Jewish. So I'm wondering, how's it possible for you to be Christian?"

 Alyson said nervously, "It's possible. There are Jews who are Christians."

 "Do you celebrate the Jewish holidays?"

 "Of course. They're a part of me. I even had a Bat Mitzvah."

 "But you got those CDs for Christmas, but I'm guessing you celebrate Hanukkah. But do you also celebrate Christmas."

 "No, I don't celebrate Christmas."

 "But you're Christian."

 Andrew said, "Amanda..."

 Amanda continued, "Shut up, Andrew! So Bauer, you're Christian?"

 Alyson answered, "Yes."

 "You don't celebrate Christmas?"

 Alyson grew more irritated as she replied, "I just told you that I don't."

 "But you're Christian. And a Jew."

 Andrew then put his arms around Alyson. He scolded Amanda, "Leave Alyson alone! It's none of your's or anyone else's business about what she believes or doesn't believe."

 Amanda was stunned that Andrew defended Alyson. As for Alyson, she stormed off to her room.

 Amanda then scoffing, "So typical of you, Andrew, to defend Bimbo Bauer."

 Andrew said, "What you did was uncalled for. Whatever she does concerning her religious beliefs shouldn't concern you."

 Then Andrew followed Alyson to her room. He found he sitting on her bed, slouching. He sat next to her. He said to her calmly, "I'm sorry for what Amanda did to you. It was uncalled for."

 Alyson asked calmly, "Was she always like this behind my back?"

 "Well, not toward your Christian beliefs and the fact you're Jewish. She's not a religious person. Her family are liberal Jews. But she would always badmouth you, and I would defend you."

 "Really?"

 "Yes. I've always cared about you."

 With that, Alyson kissed Andrew's lips passionately. Then they pulled away as he asked, "Are you going to be okay?"

 "Yeah, I'll be fine. It's not first time I was grilled about me being a Christian Jew. But I'll be fine. C'mon, let's go listen to S Club 8."

 "And I'll defend you."

 Alyson smiled, and walked out of her room, holding hands with Andrew.

 It's the next day, and UTurn arrived at the recording studio. They went inside a recording booth to meet with one of their producers, George Acosta. One of their songwriters, Ben Romans, was also there.

 George said, "I've, so far, produced 4 songs. After listening to S Club 8's album, Sundown, and I was able to replicate their sound. Want to hear the songs?"

 The members agreed, and George played songs. The songs had synthesizers, and sounded like something being played in a European club. Alyson was very pleased from what she heard. The other members liked what they heard...except Ethan and Amanda.

 Amanda asked out of annoyance, "That's our sound? What are we, performing at a nightclub?"

 Ethan said bitterly, "We're not in Europe. We'll fail with this sound."

 George said, "Well, this was the decision of the founding members of UTurn. Founding members, are you okay with this sound?"

 Alyson, Andrew, Bailey, and Justin approved of the sound.

 "What about the rest of you? Do you approve?"

 Riley and Stacie approved.

 Alyson said firmly, "It's 6 out 8. We're moving forward with this style."

 And with that, UTurn started recording.

______________________________________________________________________________

THIS IS ALYSON BAUER (Ashley Tisdale) IN THE PIC>>>

______________________________________________________________________________

THIS IS WHAT ONE OF THE SOON-TO-BE-RECORDED UTURN SONGS IN THE VID>>>