Three

Three

I took a deep breath before taking the two steps up to the door, I hesitated before knocking, I could hear every word being said from within the paper thin walls.

"So where the feck is this fecking reporter?"

"Couldn't be arsed to get out of bed probably"

"We're not all like you Duster...."

"I heard it was a woman"

"No?"

"Really, well then, that's different. She can be as late as she likes"

"Duster!!!" they all said in unison.

I stifled a laugh before knocking on the door.

"Feck!!"Maybe that's her"

"I'll get it"

The door eventually opened to reveal Mark Plunkett, I knew him as former Bass player with rock band 'Little Angels' but having formerly been Ronan Keating's manager, I knew that he was now the manager for the whole of the reunion period however long that may be.

"Vicky Evans" I said, hoping that's what he had been told. I very rarely used my married name these days, lord only knows where the venue had picked it up from.

"Media Wales?" "South Wales Echo?"

"Ah"

"I'm so sorry I'm so late I had a little bit of a car disaster"

"Not to worry. Come on in, the lads have been waiting for you"

"Thanks"

I followed him nervously into the portacabin and took in the scene before me. Michael, Keith and Shane Lynch were sat on one sofa whispering to each other, Ronan Keating on another with a blonde girl who I didn't recognise and Stephen Gately was on his mobile pacing the floor behind them. There was a large wooden table in the centre of the room littered with discarded sweet wrappers, water bottles etc. No alcohol, I mentally noted. Hmmm.

"Vicky Murphy?" I hadn't realised Michael was staring at me. I nodded shyly, "although it's Evans these days"

"Your Ma's name?" I nodded again. Michael stood up and crossed the room. He looked delighted to see me. I was delighted he remembered me.

"You look amazing"

"Come here" he enveloped me in a swift hug. These days he was a LOT taller than me, I felt like a midget.

I grinned at him as he pulled away, "this is weird"

"You two know each other?" I turned to see Ronan looking at us both curiously.

"Aye" "We all went to school with each other" answered Keith. "The rest of you lot are too young to remember" he laughed. "Come here Murphy!!" I laughed and crossed the room, where Keith still sat down also gave me a hug. I didn't want him to stand up in fairness, I knew he was the tallest of them all.