03- Without Her

Warnings; drug use and sorta explicit language

The Joker sat in the VIP section of the strip club. He watched the women swing their bodies and sway their hips to beat music. They were all beautiful women, but to the Joker, they were all just cute. None of them had what Harley had. None of them had his heart.

"J, you're missing your bad bitch today. You two have a fight or something?" Joyce asked as he sat in the seat across from him.

The Joker slowly turned his head towards the black man. His intense glare made the man squirm in his seat.

Joyce was the man to go to if you wanted to break someone out of prison. He had all of the right spies and moles to get in and get out. His tattoos and piercings covering his face and body made him look the part. He wasn't a very trustworthy man, but he could find even the most hidden prisons. The Joker needed him if he was to get his queen back.

"She was taken by the bat. She's in a prison somewhere. I need you to find it for me." Joker said slowly, making sure be understood everything.

The man leaned back in his booth, lighting a cigarette and started puffing it.  "What's in it for me?"

The Joker groaned. "You'll get paid."

Joyce shook his head and chuckled. "So you want me to risk my ass and my boys' asses for some crazy lover of yours and all you tell me is 'I'll get paid'?"

Joker stood up at the speed of light and towered over Joyce.  His eyes were stone cold and his jaw was clenched tightly. He bent over and pulled the cigarette out of Joyce's mouth.

"I don't think you understand," Joker started as he sat on Joyce's lap, while holding the cigarette dangerously close to Joyce's forehead. "I'd turn this entire world upside down to find her."

Joyce swallowed hardly. This was not going to go well for him.

******
************
********************

The wind blew the rain roughly around the city of Gotham. Joker stood on top of his wear house, gazing out at the twinkling lights of the city. He could see for a long way from up here. Nothing has the charm though. It seemed that without Harley, the world seemed duller. He hadn't realized he would miss Harley as much as he did right now.

He was angry, depressed and confused. He had pushed Harley out of the helicopter to save her life. But he had never done anything like that before. His life always came first. So why would he sacrifice himself for her.

She had always been a pain, a nuisance.  So why had he not killed her in the beginning. Why had he not just killed her when she freed him from the Asylum?

*******
**************
************************

The door opened and Dr. Quinzel walked in. She timidly smiled at the guard and thanked him for letting her in. Joker leaned forward in his seat. He was actually excited to see his doctor today. She brightened up the Asylum for him, especially since a couple of guards decided to "teach him a lesson".

She took her usual seat across from him. She set out her notes and a pen before looking up at him. She gasped and leaned into the table.

"Wh-what happened to your face?" She asked as she brought a tender, gentle hand to rub his bruised cheek.

His eyes widened at her affectionate response to his well being. He never had anyone care about him this much. It was shocking for him. He didn't know what to do. He just stared at her beautiful face. Her bright blue eyes. Her her perfectly up-turned nose. The apple of her cute cheeks. Those wonderful angles of her eyebrows. Her long eyelashes that she coats with mascara. To him, she doesn't even need makeup. She's perfect without it.