Chapter 4: Goooood morning Hogwarts!

Chapter 4 - Goooood morning Hogwarts!

[] [] [] - Lucas

"WHHHOOOOOOO!"

Lucas sipped his drink as he heard the sixth year Hufflepuff rear up on the central common room table, very drunk, before he fell back onto the sofa behind him.

This was Hufflepuffs blanket party, held once every month, where all houses were invited. Interestingly, dyed in the wool Gryffindors and Slytherins rarely attended, and most Ravenclaws didn't care for big parties, preferring a quiet night in with a few close friends discussing ideas, but Tyler had... politely asked, admittedly at wandpoint, him to attend. Get him out of doors as it were. On the topic of Tyler, his house had been quite welcoming, especially given he ate, spoke, or for the most part did very little. Of course, this was Tyler's vengeance for his inactivity, bringing him to the lions den. He groaned as he sipped his water, while Anna and Tyler danced the night away, at least as far as he could hear. They had been writing to each other all summer long, and he had a sneaking suspicion they were going out, but he had been tight lipped on the issue. He sat back, intending to wait it out.

Unfortunately, Ty had other ideas, as he crashed down onto the couch beside him, asking "How are you doing?", as Anna stood above them.

"Fine..." he said grumpily, not a fan of the party atmosphere.

Not really listening, Tyler said "Listen, we're good mates, and I've got a proposal that might help us both out. Mind seeing my afterwards, say in the observatory, after the party?"

He silently nodded, having silent doubts as to whether Tyler would even remember. Tyler promptly slapped him on the back and resumed presumably making a fool of himself. And yet, he was very good at it, most people cheering him on. At the end of the day, Lucas had to admit, his friend was very popular. He finally stood, leaving for the long balcony by the back row for some air. The fifteen year old Ravenclaw left out the gate, and leaned out on the railings over the castle, breathing in the November night air rush down his throat, chilling him. He finished the water in his plastic cup, before chucking it over the edge and taking deep breaths, wondering what Tyler wanted as he cooled off.

"Lucas?"

He turned to the side, recognising the voice as Laila's soft, measured voice with a sense of surprise. As he knew, most Slytherins and Gryffindors didn't turn up, but then again Laila wasn't very partisan. He brought this up, remarking "Didn't expect to see you here."

"Same goes for you."

"Tyler didn't give me much choice."

She gave a soft chuckle. "Par for the course then. What do you expect when you spend the summer with the guy?."

"Swings and roundabouts" he replied. "It's this or the streets. He's probably told everyone how my summer was, so how was yours?"

"I don't pay as much attention to him, he's wrong a lot more than he's right. Not that I don't like him of course, I just wouldn't take my news from him."

He nodded "I understand, but you'd be surprised. He can be pretty insightful, and sounds pretty damn professional while presenting it." He shook a little uncomfortably. Like Laila, he was brutal in analysis and discussion, unlike the other two. That having been said, if they heard this, he feared the consequences of losing two of his only friends.

Laila seemed not to mind, continuing "True, but a pretty face doesn't make you right."

He was fairly sure that was a slight against her family, which he picked up on instantly, responding "That's not important for people like you and me, but..." petering off as he didn't have the heart to come up with an example. After a pause, the inevitable question.