Chapter 21

Holding myself close in the tub I could hear Solomon dial numbers on his phone followed by a ringing. "Anthony," he spoke calmly as if nothing happened amount ago between them, "I think its best if you come pick River up." Long pause, "She's alright. She was in heat and I have her sitting in a cold bath. It was her first time and I think its best if you're here for her since, you are the same... No, nothing happened... Anthony, she needs you."

After a short bit later the two said their good bye and was left with myself. I felt like it was happening again. People tell me what to do. Telling me how should I feel. No one was listening to me, no one understood. Was that the reason for a mate, a true mate, to listen to you, to understand you and believe one another? Was I doing something wrong? Was I mistaken this whole time that Solomon truly was not my true mate. But how? Was this the goddess cruel joke?

I don't know how long I had sat in the tub for. I knew my skin was wrinkling and changing color but I didn't care. Once Solomon called my name with a knock on the door but I didn't answer. I couldn't do it. How could I after I was just rejected.

As more time pasted I heard Anthony voice yell along with a door slam, "Where is she!"

"Still in the bathroom," a calm Solomon voice responded.

It didn't take Anthony long to break down the door finding my in the bath hugging my knees close to my chest. Everything seemed to move slow motion. Anthony slowly bent down to grab me as I glared into the crack of the door staring at Solomon. He was looking away, slowly moving into another room.

Why'd you look like that? Are you sad? I asked him without saying out loud. Why are you not stopping him? Do you truly not won't me? Is this.... Is this the end?

On my feet Anthony was able to put me a princess position to carry me out of the room. My eyes never left Solomon's body and as Anthony moved to the front door Solomon looked back. With our eyes locked onto each other I could only ask myself, why aren't you stopping him?

I wanted to scream at him, to fight for me but he wasn't moving. With disappointment I looked away staring into the outside world were the sun hit down on me. I was so tired. I was so tired of being hurt, being told want to do, being human.

I know well that Anthony is not my true mate and now I know my true mate I don't think I can ever be happy knowing that I was cast aside like a toy by these two men. Sure Anthony may also be my mate but it was Solomon that I was to truly be with and if I can't have him then... I'll castaway my human form.

Pushing myself away from Anthony, he held me close. With one glare he looked me in the eye trying to command me to stay put and not shift. When he realized I wasn't obeying he loosen his grip and I was able to throw myself away from him as I shifted into my wolf form, laying on all four.

"River," Anthony said... or was it Solomon. I couldn't tell.

I want to leave, I growled heading to the car that was covered in Anthony's smell. Anthony didn't say a word when he open the passenger door for me. Hopping in I avoided eye contact from Solomon and waited for Anthony to jump in driver's seat.

What happened? Anthony asked linking to me while he started the car and put it in reverse. He then turned the car around and put it in drive leaving the driveway.

I was rejected. I said emotionless.

Then I guess I won't have to kill him then.

I growled snapping my head towards him, I would never let you lay a hand or paw on him!

Really, and what about now.

Nothing changes. I responded looking at the road ahead.

You still love him?

Yes and nothing will change that! I yelled follow by a growl.

Hm... even when you have been rejected. You may as well become mine.

Never! I growled showing my canines but never looking at him. I will continue my mission and level like I planned. I don't need a mate that doesn't see me as an equal, let alone fight for me.

I can do all that and more, my little pup.

Don't make me laugh, I have other things to do then fool around.

You're so serious. He laughed. It doesn't seem like you.

It's very much me. I said looking out the side window glaring out into the forest as the trees began to blur. I was so tired. My head was hurting and for a moment I felt like throwing up. I just need sleep, that. Curling myself in a ball in the seat I closed my eyes before saying, wake me up when we get there.

I will try to make longer chapters but this is my normal length for this series. I glad that you all are enjoying the story. Thank you for reading my stories. I will update two more of these chapter and for those who are also reading Skin I will update some time this week or the beginning of next week. Thank you again.