☆2. Wedding on 29th

Ruman's P.O.V:

I was sitting in my room on my couch which I rarely do. I love my bed more than anything else. I was in my room since morning or say last night and now I was really tiered. I got up from the couch and went to the washroom. Last night's  suit was hanging there on a hook.
I saw my ring. "I'm engaged". Engaged! That word itself is...is... no comments.

I went downstairs to find my mom dealing with the caterers. They all seemed happy. And that was enough to make me smile.

"Smiling already? Bhai at least wait for a week then you will not need to imagine bhabhi." Ahan teased me.

"A week?" I asked him. Now these days I have to ask everything to Ahan. Why the hell they can't consult me before taking any decision.

"Yes! Just a week and you will be no more bachelor. You are getting married on 29th don't tell me you didn't knew." He smirked again trying to tease me.

"Waiting for my day boy." I scared him which was again of no use as he said 29th is your day.

Madeeha's P.O.V:

4 days already gone and now 3 days more and I'll be tagged his.
Today is my Haldi or the Turmeric ceremony. The ladies of my family and neighborhood will apply turmeric paste on my body. It is a gesture to show that I'm pure and also the turmeric will cherish my skin and lighten the tone.

The rituals started. My future mother-in-law and few of her relatives who were soon going to be mine too were also invited.
Everyone was happy even my dad. And for this smile of his I can definitely go miles.

This day is also close to its end.

I woke up next morning and got dressed in a blue salwar-kurti which was the lightest dress I wore since these rituals started.
I heard my phone ringing and  came rushing to pick it up.

"Madeeha Khan?" The person on the other line said.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked.

"I'm Mrinalini, your headmistress. I phoned you to congratulate you but I have heard you are getting married, is that true?" She asked.

"Yes mam, I'm getting married and sorry I forgot to inform but I won't continue with my studies further." I sighed.

"But, You know you are the topper of our institute. I just can't let you stop your studies like that. The re-  admittion date is extended till        4- September. Let me know incase you change your mind."

I know thinking about re-admittion is a waste of time. Because when things go out of hands once. It's close to impossible to bring them back. My chain of thoughts stopped when I heard my parents were going to his house as it was his turn for Turmeric ceremony. 

I sat quit in the hall as I was not allowed to step out of the house. I saw the wedding card placed on the center table. I once thought to at least see the name of the groom but later dismissed the idea.

Ruman's P.O.V:

Turmeric ceremony? But why with me? I hate that yellow paste so much and... Forget it no use to argue mom won't listen.

I sat in the middle of the room where the arrangement was made. It was the hall and the entrance gave a clear look of the place where I sat.

I saw her parents enter. They seemed happy. My parents greeted them and Her dad hugged me. They might be from a very strict and restricted background a use they want me to marry a girl whose name is still unknown to me.

'Why don't you just ask them?' My mind gave a suggestion.
'Yea right! So that they can get another topic to tease me?' I dismissed the thought.

The ceremony ended. What an awkward situation. My cousin just asked me her name and I had nothing to reply and they termed it as I was blushing.

I tried to escape them but unfortunately my dad is master of all. He started to tease me too. But why? He knows this marriage is not even my wish then why ?
Luckily mom came for my rescue. She took me with her in her room. We sat there and she told me about the arrangements and how happy she was with this alliance.

Her happiness is all I wanted.

"Ruman, you are okay with Madeeha right?" She asked me cherishing my hairs.

"Madeeha?" I asked her too.
Wait... what that might be her name!

"Yes Madeeha, she is a nice girl. In our first meeting I was sure she is a perfect match for you. Son I don't  know why but I want you to give her a life that she deserves because I suspect she is being forced to marry and I know if she marries you it won't be a regret cause you are a gem perfectly handcrafted by me." She praised herself wow.

"Mom if she is forced then why do you want me to marry her? I mean  we can cancel the alliance and so she will not be forced." I said in a deep tone.

"If we cancel the alliance her father will find another family and I can't let her go in troublesome hands. And I really can't afford to lose a daughter-in-law like her." She stated and I nodded.

I was about to leave the room when she called from back

"There is a photograph placed on your study table."

Did she just teased me too?

I went upstairs thought to checkout the photograph but then changed my mind.