Chapter 4

~~~Time Skip~~~

You woke to your mother shouting your name,"{F/N} GET THE HELL UP!"

You looked at the clock, damn. It was five minutes 'till school started. FIVE FUCKING MINUTES. You were positive you'd be late but you tried to get there on time. Once you got to school, the bell had long ago rung but you still rushed to you locker. Slamming it shut when you were done with it and running to your literature class. You fumbled with the door knob and finally got it open with sweaty palms. You knew you looked like- forget it, you felt like a mess.

"Miss {L/N}, you are tardy. In the future that will not be executable but for now just take a seat," your teacher said with a cold edge to his voice.

The class laughed and giggled, just loving that their underdoggy student was put in her place. Wait, underdoggy? Was that even a word? Oh well. You took your seat next to Dave and flipped open you notebook to an empty page. You could tell Dave was smirking at you even though you weren't looking at him.

Man, why did everyone hate you. You tried to fit in.

"Tomorrow we will have the midterms exam."

Oh yeah, you forgot you came in the middle of the stinking year. Groans scattered the classroom, but you just smiled. You were happy for a exam. Something to study and to get your mind off your social grade.

"Why are you HAPPY for an exam?" Dave whispered into your ear, sending shivers down your spine.

"they're fun" was all you could reply with.

Dave snorted in disbelief as you turned your head to look at him.

"Why wouldn't I like exams? I am a student prodigy"

Dave just shook his head and turned away from you. Well great, people couldn't believe you actually LIKED school.

~~~Le Time Skip~~~

As the final bell rung, you bolted from your seat to be met by your teacher saying,"Please sit back down, the bell does not dismiss you. I do"

You were fed up and exploded,"Well then why did they make a bell? Plus I was brought to this school knowing I was being dismissed by the school at 3:00, so no you do not dismiss us, the bell does"

"Miss {L/N} you will get detention for the rest of the week"

But you just came back with,"I am sorry teacher but it's after school hours and you have no right to give detention"

You left with a sneer prominently on your face.

Surprisingly the entire class clapped and whooped. It felt good to get your regular groove on. Back in London you were popular, badass, miss comeback and miss rule breaker. Finally you got your proud stride back on and went to your locker with students patting your back and thanking you for being rude to the teacher because she needed to be fought back to.

A lighter tap on your shoulder made you turn to see John.

"Oh hey" you said.

He rubbed his back of his neck and asked,"Um I was wondering if you'd like to come over today"

You barely knew this guy but he seemed okay so you called you parents and said you were going to a friends house and they said just be back by 10:00 at the latest.

"Okay, I can come over"

John smile wide and grabbed your arm and raced through the crowded hall. Starting to walk once you guys reached the sidewalk; safe from the rampaging students of the school.

"So you walk to your house everyday?" you asked, interested.

"Yeah, it not a huge walk so I do it"

"I walk to my house too" you smiled at him.

In return he just blushed, face becoming a tomato.

"Oh sorry! I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable!" you exclaimed, seeing his face.

"No No No, all is good" he said, giving you a goofy grin.

Just then you realized John Egbert was in fact very damned cute. His raven black hair was wavy and just long enough for the wind to make it flip to one side. With his beautiful and stunning blue eyes, he just had the completed look of a model.

The only thing that made him look goofy was his buckteeth, but that didn't matter. You thought about him until you made it to his house and John opened the door.

*edited