Chapter Two

"Alright people, get in a pair of two and each team take a soccer ball. We're playing one-on-one." Mr. Jones , our p.e teacher says while taking out all the soccer balls.

I look around noticing everyone getting in pairs with their friends and sigh since I have no friends in this class, except Noah but I already see many people around him asking him to be their partner. I look away towards the balls and take one, starting to juggle with it. I love soccer, I'm pretty good at it honestly but it's the only sport I can play though. As I keep juggling with the ball I hear Noah declining everyone and apologizing, saying he already has a partner. As I look up to see who the partner is I see him walking towards me and everyone else watches him do so too.

"Adrianna, Do you want to-" he starts saying.

"Build a snowman?" I cut him off, playfully winking and smiling.

"I was going to say be my partner but sure!" He chuckles, smiling back at me. "So do you?"

"Being Noah Smith's soccer buddy? How could I ever say no to that?" I gasp dramatically and watch him roll his eyes at me and laughing.

"Alright, alright. I know I'm amazing and awesome and hot and" he pauses to look at me, a smirk forming on his lips. "What else were you saying at lunch?" He asks, innocently.

"Okay that's it, you're going to have to go find a new partner." I grunt and cross my arms over my chest, looking away trying to hide my blush.

"Awe come on, Adri. You know I was just messing with you, no need to break my heart like that." He feigns hurt, putting his hand on his chest where his heart is.

"Shut up, dork. Let's play." I say, shaking my head and pushing him on the shoulder making him stumble.

"I'll go soft on you because you're a girl." He says, winking and backing away to get in a defensive position.

"So stereotypical. Don't go soft on me, I like a challenge." I say, smirking and feeling bad for him thinking I'd need him to go soft me. I start playing and getting goals in. Fifteen minutes before the class ends, the teacher tells us we can stop and go change.

"Damn girl, you're good but let's be honest I let you win." Noah comes to me, panting and wiping the sweat on his forehead with his shirt.

"Sure, you did. That's why you kept cursing everytime I got the ball in." I say. "You're all sweaty and out of breath, poor you." I say, wrinkling my nose in disgust seeing him sweat so much. Maybe I shouldn't have done that because when I look up to Noah, he's smirking and opening his arms wide open walking towards me. I look at him in confusing and watch him get closer, until I understand his actions.

"Ew, no way! Stay away from me, Noah." I say, stepping back with wide eyes.

"Hey, I just want a hug." He says as he keeps walking towards me, the smirk still on his face.

"I don't want your sweaty and smelly hug, loser." I say sticking my tongue out at him like a little kid.

"You've hurt my heart twice now, today. You're buying me lunch tomorrow to make up for my broken heart." He says, winking and dropping his arms to his side. "See you later, Garcia." He tells me, waving his hand and jogging towards the boys' locker room. I wave back and shake my head, smiling and walking back towards the girls' locker room.

I quickly take a shower and get dressed in one of the stalls in the locker room and come out wearing the outfit from this morning, shorts and Crop top. I walk to my locker, opening it to take my backpack and put in my gym clothes.

"Yeah! The new teacher is young and hot, oh my God. I had him in first period." I hear a girl say to another girl walking out of locker room.

Right, the new teacher. I have French with him now, Mr. White is it? So he's young, uh?- ok, I need to stop. I'll be late for class with Mr. White or whatever. I look around me and notice I'm the only one left. I swing my backpack over my shoulder and closer the locker, walking towards the exit and walking out into the crowded hallways of my school. I push my way to my locker and open it leaving my gym clothes inside it and taking out my French books.