Chapter 1

"Josh?" I gently called.

The blonde slugger turned his head away from the dugout and looked at me, holding up his index finger to indicate he would be over in a few seconds.

I turned away from his direction and began walking over to where my camera crew was set up.

The air was chilly. A little too chilly for an April afternoon in Toronto. I sat down in my interview chair that was really just a fold up chair placed on the field. This was about to be my first ever interveiw with one of the Blue Jays, and it was none other than the reigning AL MVP, the one and only, Josh Donaldson, or as they call him, "the bringer of rain".

I knew that I had gotten the job as the Blue Jays media reporter since this past offseason, but that didn't mean there were no nerves.

I then heard the sound of a wooden bat being set down, and noticed that Josh was now making his way over.

"Hey, it's Natalie, right?" He asked as he extened his arm infront of me.

"Um, yeah, Natalie Stone" I replied as I shook his extremely muscular hand.

He flashed me an incredibly charming smile and than proceded to sit down in the chair next to mine.

"You ready?" I softly asked.

He looked over at me, "bring it" he said, this time with a smirk plastered on his face.

I immediately felt my face turn red and quickly looked away before he could notice. Why did my first ever interveiw have to be with one of the most attractive players on the team?

I looked at my camera man as he gave me the signal, indicating that he was recording.

"So Josh", I began. "We're here, sitting on the field at Rogers Centre prior to the first game of the 2016 regular season that will take place tomorrow, you and the team had an unforgettable season and postseason run last last year, not to mention you won the AL MVP award, so tell me, how are you feeling? And how excited are you to get going again?"

"Well," he started. "Last years baseball was probably the best baseball I've ever played and the most fun I've ever had playing baseball, but we wernt satisfied  with the end results and were hungry for more" he said.

He went on about this years team and how excited he is to be back with "the boys" and play some more baseball. He then talked about his crazy offseason and a lot about his MVP title.

"Well thank you Josh and goodluck this season" I said, closing off the interview.

"Thank you very much" he replied.

I looked dead in the camera, "Well there you have it! Josh Donaldson the reigning MVP."

My camera man singled one again, this time indicating he had finished recording.

I sat down my notes and stood up from my chair, pulling down my dress in the process.

"Thanks for doing this", I said to Josh.

He hopped out of his seat and was now standing directly infront of me. It was only then I realized how tall he was compared to me.

"My pleasure", he said once again with a smirk.

I felt like a little kid completely starstruck. I didn't know what to say or do as his eyes were still on me, so I flashed him a warm smile before heading in the opposite direction.

As I walked away, I could hear him walk back towards the dugout and grab his bats, meaning I was in the clear.

I let out a deep sigh, placing my hand on my forehead to feel how warm I was. That was extremely nerve-racking, but I'm glad I got my first interview done. Now, I just had to make it through the whole season. 182 more games of this. Oh my. This would sure be interesting.

And a matter of fact, it was.