Discovery

"Sweetie..? Oh, wake up Twilight, you're going to be late."
     My eyes sagged. Who knew my first day back at school would be this rough? My hair pricked up like a troll as I slowly rolled out of bed. I was exhausted.
     My eyes wandered towards the outside of my room, where my mother was preparing breakfast. As my feet pressed against the cold floor, I began walking towards the kitchen.

 As my feet pressed against the cold floor, I began walking towards the kitchen

     "Oh just look at my beautiful daughter" My mother exclaimed. "Is the loss of pants a new trend?" She laughed.
     "Ugh mom. Coffee... please?"
     "Oh of course, life is so hard, huh?"
     "What're you doing? Are you trying to make my morning harder?"
     "Hun, you just woke up- plus, I'm only kidding" She grinned as I only turned away from her.
"Be a dear and go get dressed. I'll drive you."
     "I mean.. sure. Why not?" I shrugged.
     I walked back to my room to decide my outfit for the day, looking up the latest hot goth looks online. I opened my closet and continued to search for the perfect pair.
     "How about a sweatshirt and ripped jeans... seems casual" I said to myself. I picked out a cotton black sweatshirt which read FALL OUT BOY in big bold letters, along with some black ripped jeans. I put on my outfit and headed towards my body mirror.
     "This outta do" As I said those words, I could hear my mother's footsteps coming towards my room. She sighed.
     "It's like you never even put on pants! Look how many holes there are."
     "Mom stop it's... trendy" I smiled sarcastically.
     "Well, at least brush your hair. I have to get ready myself" And with that she walked out of the room.
     As I had finished up my hair I couldn't help but feel a strange sense of déjà vu flash through my mind. A sense of there's something I need to see.
     My mind directed me outside of my bedroom and down the left hall. I didn't even notice, but my house is huge! Who knew mom and dad had high-paying jobs, here in Canterlot.
     Finishing up my miraculous thoughts about my big house, I stumbled across a bolted up room in a dark corner of the house. About to call my mother, I shut my mouth and proceeded to try and open the door. Something about the door seemed to... loosen up. The nails unraveled themselves as I turned the knob. It was like... magic. All the pieces of wood and nails seemed to just disappear. It's like they were never there. I payed no attention to it as I entered the dark room.
In the room there was a vast number of broken glass on the floor. Paintings, of what seemed to be my ancestors, stared at me as I passed by. One particular painting was torn to shreds. Something about it made me feel comfortable, even though it would make the average human uneasy. It glowed a bright green and from what I could see, there appeared to be a woman. Quite old fashioned. I had a strange sense of something staring at me. Turning sharply, I could see a black and white mirror behind me. Candles lit as my body shook around.
     As everything in the room was quite dirty, the mirror seemed to be in pretty good shape. No slip of dust, just a plain old mirror. Everything was very glossy though, almost like it cleaned itself the whole time I was staring at that painting.
     I could feel a slight breeze behind me. There were no windows or vents in the room, so I couldn't tell where it was coming from. Me trying to leave the room didn't work either. Something was pulling me closer to the mirror. Ghosts? Probably. I've read a lot of "ghost" stories of people who've experienced this kind of situation. Well, not the whole mirror thing, but people would believe that someone else was tugging on them, even though nobody was around. Then there was this whole article and blah blah, Yada Yada. It was freaky to them.
     "Twilight? I've got your lunch packed, can we get going? Twilight?!" I could hear my mother down the hall. Would she be mad I was in here? Well, too late now. Her thumping heels were starting to get closer
     "Please, hun. We're going to be la-" My mother stood at the doorway. Words couldn't even bare leave her mouth.
     "What.. are you doing- in here?" My heart pounded. She sounded so... angry. So defying. I couldn't tell what was wrong. The fact that I was able to get in this room, or the fact I didn't answer her. Either way, she looked pissed.
     "H-How did you even get in here? T-This is unacceptable! We have to get out of here before-"
     "Before what?!" I shouted. I suppose before was answered sooner than I could speak again. Bits of glass shook in the back of the room where the ancient paintings hung. You could hear the rumbles of knickknacks begin to fall off shelves. Papers from nowhere flew off in several directions.
     "What's going on?!" Me and my mother began to duck our heads as more things began to fly. That old comfortable feeling began to fade away. The strangest things were happening. My first day back and I already have a story to tell.
     When everything came to a stop, it seemed as though everything would be fine. Thinking things would be, my old necklace began to rise from my neck. The 6-sided pendant began to glow a deep purple. I turned sharply to realize that this pendant was facing the mirror. That old silly mirror. No wonder it was suspiciously clean.

     "Twilight! We have to get out of here!" My mother shouted out to me, but my mind and thoughts wandered to that mirror

     "Twilight! We have to get out of here!" My mother shouted out to me, but my mind and thoughts wandered to that mirror. Something about it was so intriguing.. I just wanted to...
     "I'm coming for you! Don't move anymore!" I began walking, but not that neutral walk in the park walk, but instead of something tugging on me, something was pulling me closer to the lustrous mirror. My mother's words faded as my eyes sparkled to the sudden bursts of light coming from the mirror. One hand went in and everything shut down.
     "Wh-What? Mom! Help!" My brain snapped and I was back in reality. My mother bared her arms and tried to pull me closer to her, but soon enough half my body already entered the mirror. If it is demons, so be the end of me.
     "Mom.. I'm going to let go, but you have to know I love you. Tell Mr. Simons I'm going to be late!"
     "No, Twilight.. I'm going to get you, I promise"
     "Mom. You just have to trust me.." And with that, I was gone. Falling into a bottomless pit, just as Alice in Wonderland.
     Those sudden bursts of light became more vibrant and flashy. Almost like I was on ecstasy. The hole went deeper and deeper. I could feel my fall coming to a close and then—

     Blackout.