s i x t e e n

chapter 16
y/n POV:
Clara and I ran to the porch and were about to open the door when Mario yelled from the sidewalk in front of the house. "Wait-" pant, "up-" pant. He ran to the door and crouched down, putting his weight on his buckled knees. Clara laughed and kissed him. I looked up and back down and they were still kissing. I started to turn the knob because it was getting awkward. I stepped inside and Mario took me from the hand. "AH- what is your problem Mario?" I said annoyed, "I just wanna go- in-side!" I yelled getting out of his grip and going inside. "Y/N!" Exploded from all directions of the living room. I almost fainted again and couldn't make anything out. I held the back of my head and closed my eyes tightly before opening them and seeing Nora and- Alex. I gasped quietly and ran towards all three of them. I hugged Nora then proceeded towards Alex who looked happier than I had seen him since out last night together. I looked into his hazel eyes and smiled at him. "Hey," I whispered. "Hey," he said back pushing my hair behind my ear. "What are you doing here Alex?" I said shaking my head, making several strands of hair fall into my face. "Making a life with you," he pushed my head up softly and kissed me. I kissed back and hugged him. "How long are you staying?" I whispered into his shoulder. "As long as you want. Im eighteen tomorrow anyways." I smiled and nodded. Happy tears were streaming down my face and I just hugged him tighter. "I fucking missed you Alex," i said. I felt him nod and I got out of the hug and turned behind me to see a beaming Nora, parents and Laurel. Laurel had always loved Alex because he got her chocolate and they got along like friends would. I smiled at her and saw Mario and Clara looking not as happy as everyone else. Mario looked slightly mad but still happy to be here I guess. Clara on the other hand looked like she wanted to leave as soon as she could. I looked away from them and towards Nora. "How long are you staying?" I asked sitting next to her. "Rest of the school year," she smiled wider than I've seen her in a while. I hugged her. I felt so happy. But why did it have to be right when i got out of the hospital. They both knew why I was in there. This had been the second time I almost did it. Too deep, too far. I regretted it the moment i saw blood spurting in every direction. I regretted that, I regretted the fact i was still alive after last time. It was too close last time. I had to stop doing this, it wasn't helping it was just making things worse, it was causing pain to people I loved. Especially my sister who I loved more than anyone else. I looked at her and smiled apologetically. I didn't think she would understand but surprisingly she nodded and smiled. I stood up, grabbed Alex's, Nora's, and Mario's hands. I had intwined my arm into Mario's to grab Nora's hand. I looked at him and mouthed 'thank you'. He nodded. I went into my room and sat down. Everyone else did the same. "Alex, Mario," i said pointing at each of them in turn. "Hey," they mumbled to each other and i rolled my eyes. "Mario Nora," i said again pointing at them when i said their name. Nora smiled at him. "Hi Mario," she held out her hand and Mario shook it. "Mario here is my best friend here. Next to you of course Nora." I said happily. "I love him and yeah," i said finally, my fingers still intwined with Alex's. Mario smiled and inched towards me. "Love you too," he whispered. I put my arm around him and kissed his cheek. "Y/n I need to talk to you," said Alex after a moments silence. I stood up thinking it would be about Mario but I was wrong. When we stepped into the bathroom, Alex sighed and looked up at me. "I know why you were in the hospital," he said, looking worried. "Yeah i know you do," I mumbled at the floor. "Y/n why? This is the second time. I don't want to see you almost die again or wo-worse." He choked on his words and i took his hands. "Promise me," he said pulling himself together. i just looked into the other direction. "Y/n,-" he pulled me towards him. "Promise me." I nodded. "Okay I promise," he pulled up our hands and crossed his pinky with mine. "You've pinky promised," he smirked and kissed me. He sat me down on the counter and held on to my waist while he continued to move his lips with mine in perfect sync. I smiled into the kiss and pulled away. "Wow someone's thirsty," i said laughing. "Mhmm," he said and I bit my lip. I jumped off the counter and winced quietly without him seeing. We went back into my room and Mario and Nora were talking away. We sat down and were watching tv when...•••• cliffhangers😩😩👅💦 lmaoooo comment for more crusty pickles :)