{ Club Hopping }

I just wanta say just gotta say something
bout those beautiful beautiful beautiful outasight
black men
with they Afros
walking down the street
is the same ol danger
but a brand new pleasure

sitting on stoops, in bars, going to offices
running numbers, watching for their whores
preaching in churches, driving their hogs
walking their dogs, winking at me
in their fire red, lime green, burnt orange
royal blue tight tight pants that hug
what I like to hug
Jerry Butler, Wilson Pickett, the impressions
temptations, mighty mighty sly
don't have to do anything but walk
on stage
and I scream and stamp and shout
see new breed men breed alls
dashiki suits with shirts that match
the lining that compliments the ties
that smile at the sandals
where dirty toes peek at me
and I scream and stamp and shout
for more beautiful beautiful beautiful
black men with outasight Afros.

Beautiful Black Men
~Nikki Giovanni

Beautiful Black Men~Nikki Giovanni

--

   "Yo, Yolanda these shoes are killing my feet, where the fuck did you get these motherfuckers?" I question stumbling after them as we walked down the side walk to get to Mylene's apartment.

   "Quit you're complaining, those shoes might help you get a guy tonight." She tutted waving her finger as we approached the steps to Mylene's apartment complex. As much as they gushed about how Dizzee might react when he sees me, they didn't say anything when he wasn't there. I settled for my silent victory.

   "Ohhhh!" Regina and Yolanda shrieked in unison.

   "See, I told you she was coming!" Yolanda bragged turning to the both of us.

  "I got mad respect for you!" Regina speaks both she and Yolanda jumping in place slightly.

   "AND FOR THAT DRESS!" Regina adds squealing as Mylene turns the corner of the railings.

   Her hair was pinned to the side and her dress was beautiful. It was a shimmery gold that appeared to flow whenever the light hit it. It was made almost like it was wrapped around her. A long slit travelled up the thigh revealing the matching underwear whenever she moved.

  The bodysuit that I was force into wasn't as flashy as Mylene's dress, but I guess it was pretty. It was deep red and low cut with the same shimmery look as Mylene's dress around the chest area. The pants flared out into bell bottoms that swishes against my ankles whenever I walked. Regina of course did my makeup and Yolanda gave me a pair of shiny silver platform heels to finish off the outfit.

   "You like it?" Mylene asks as she hits the stairs above us throwing the ends of her dress around and moving in different poses for us to see the full outfit.