Floyd Lawton/Deadshot

Movie

An expert marksman and assassin. A mercenary by day and a concerned father by night, Deadshot is a conflicted criminal who enjoys the hunt, but is still trying to do right by his young daughter

Comics

Within the , Deadshot is often a hired , regularly boasting to "never miss." He is capable of using a large variety of weapons, but is most frequently portrayed as using a pair of silenced, wrist-mounted guns. He initially appears in as a new crime fighter, but is revealed to be an enemy of Batman when he attempts to replace the Dark Knight. He is sent to jail when Batman and publicly expose his plot to become the king of Gotham's underworld. After serving his term, Deadshot begins hiring his services out as an assassin, changing his costume from the top hat and tails he previously wore to a red jumpsuit and distinctive metal face plate with a targeting device on the right side. Deadshot's past is revealed in subsequent appearances. His real name is Floyd Lawton and he grew up with his mother, abusive father, and beloved brother, whom he idolized. On one occasion, Lawton's father attacked his brother, prompting the young Deadshot to attempt to end his father's reign of terror on the family with his own rifle. However, the branch of the tree where he was sitting broke as he fired, causing the bullet to hit his brother instead, killing him. The psychological effects of this event are widely seen as the reasoning behind Deadshot's affinity for surrogate brothers, his now almost impeccable aim, his disregard for his own life, and his inability to kill Batman.

Floyd Lawton/Deadshot is protrayed by Will Smith